PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Prop

Alwayz Sumthin
08-30-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm looking to find a Turbo prop in a 21 or 22 pitch size. I have a 19 pitch now and I'm running 60 mph. I went to a Mirrage Plus a few years ago, then did a motor swap this year and the Mirrage does not work. Julie at Throttle-Up suggests I find a different pitch size in a Turbo prop seeing this Turbo I have now works for my Liberator. If any one has a new/used Turbo prop in a 14 1/4 21 or 22 pitch for a King Corbra please let me know.
I'm new to this site, so any help you can give would be great.:)

joel3078
08-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I have an extra Turbo 1 and an original OMC Raker prop. Give me a buzz at 763-227-6365 and I will look and confirm what pitch they are. Both are in perfect condition. The Raker has been rehubbed and performs like it is a pitch or 2 bigger than equivantly marked/sized Turbo props. They are both hubbed for omc king cobra and are 14-1/2" diameter sstl. I'll let them go for $200 for either one of them.

Alwayz Sumthin
08-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Joel,
I will try to give you a call later when I'm at home, I like the sound of the Raker prop, but Throttle-Up really suggests that I stay at the 14 1/4 dia. size but to change pitch to increase speed. I have tried alot of props and the Turbo is just the prop for my Liberator. Is a Turbo 1 there standard prop or there upgraded prop. My Turbo does not tell me much. Thanks for the reply and I will try to call.
Scott

joel3078
08-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Probably my mistake. The Raker and Turbo1 I have are more than likely 14-1/4 as you are describing. Will have to check pitch. Again, I'll look when you call and I can take hi detail pictures and email them to you also. Awaiting your call tonite. The boat I have is a 24' 1990 Donzi Black Widow. King Cobra outdrive and engine are probably about the same as your setup.

Alwayz Sumthin
08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Joel,
Sounds good I will call when I get home from work, your right about the same set up with the King Cobra's except this winter I changed the powerplant that Teague Custom help me with. I will attach a pic of my new motor.
Scott