PDA

View Full Version : Looking for imformation

margo
08-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Just came across a donzi vance for sale in the other boats for sale page....I also have a vance with the holman moody volvo package....Never heard of a vance until now neither did anyone else that i talked to I have it for sale on the registry now....Advertised as a 16classic....Registration reads Donzi Vance....Any one out there ever heard of this model...The one for sale has a jet drive 455 olds....Any imfo. would be appreciated....Thanks Joe...

boatnut
08-30-2006, 10:44 AM
From my recollection (and I sometimes think I'm getting somewhat senile), the Vance was built here in the San Francisco bay area as an unlicensed splash of the Donzi 16 --- many had H&M packages as Donzi was using the same at the time---also many jets went out. The hull was very much the same as the classic 16 and there were subtle differences in the deck. Some had seating more like the 18 2+3. I took a test ride in one on SF bay approx 1970. Jay Veech (not sure of spelling) who had the "Boat and Motor Mart" in San Francisco was somehow involved in building/selling the boats. At one time he was also a Donzi dealer I believe. I'm not sure if Jay is still around, the business is and has moved to South San Francisco. Possibly some web searches or a call to the owners of the Boat and Motor Mart will help fill in the blanks. Ed

John Blaine
06-01-2007, 11:30 PM
I have a Vance SS and am trying to upload whats left of the brochure page. They were made in Santa Clara or at least listed as being in Santa Clara. Tough boat. I've been through some waves that put about 4" of water over the deck and onto my lap when returning from Tahoe City to Kings Beach in rough weather. I will look for pictures to show.

John Blaine
06-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey Mad Poodle, Did you get my E mial with the scanned brochures?
John