PDA

View Full Version : blackhawk drive

calvin
08-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Does any one still run the blackhawk drive?..I remember when they first came out...seems like someone set a record with one? Were they reliable or did they grenade?

undertaker
08-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Few people here are running blackhawks do a search for information. Shea known as glashole on the boards has one on his boat.

Undertaker :cool:

glashole
08-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I have had a bit of issues with mine but I don't think they had anything to do with the drive itself or how it was built :crossfing

I have just replaced the upper gears in mine with heavy duty gears etc and installed a new shift cable and it works awesome :)

super silky in and out of gear

the main issue people have with them is how fast they idle because of the props so they are a handful around the dock which just takes practice

because the drive is so short you also have to watch when it comes out of the water because of all the prop you are spinning

other than that the thing is great .......................

especially the rooster tail :hyper:

MOP
08-29-2006, 12:41 PM
I have been running my BH drive the past couple of weeks, I have a 22 not a BH hull so WOT performance is off. I love the handling which is way better then my Bravo. Most of the internals of a BH are basicly the same as a Bravo, they run good on smaller hulls and on the BH which has the rocker to get the bow up.

Phil

glashole
08-29-2006, 01:15 PM
If you try the search section on this site you can read for hours about the blackhawk and everyone's opinions on them

regards

Shea