PDA

View Full Version : 350 Mag Problem

Z-Man
08-28-2006, 12:02 AM
If anyone has any solutions please let me know. Lately it seems nothing wants to work. :bonk: Ran the boat then went to head in and I couldn't get the stbd motor to fire. Been working to figure it out and best I can figure is the module in the distributor cap is dead. Checked everything from plugs/rotors/cap/fuel pump/wires. Seems that their is no spark to the plug wires and have backed to the module. Any thoughts especially after I try and replace this and if it does not work? Did I miss anything? Thanks

jdsdls
08-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Is they any click when you turn the key? does it turn over?

Z-Man
08-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Cranks with no problem. Seems that the spark is lost inside the distibutor. Just hoping its not a computer issue. Again but I want to make sure I didn't miss something. Flipped all breakers as well as a check.

mrfixxall
08-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Cranks with no problem. Seems that the spark is lost inside the distibutor. Just hoping its not a computer issue. Again but I want to make sure I didn't miss something. Flipped all breakers as well as a check.

do you have alpha 1 drives,,,if so check the micro switch or disconnect the micro switch ...(whight wire with green stripe)it grounds out the coil momentarily so you can pull it out of gear...a mis adjusted cable could be causing all the problems..its located on the exhaust manifols were all the shift cables go to..

LKSD
08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Did you accidentally flip or trip the lanyard kill switch??? Jamie / Lakeside :)

d1mbu1b
08-29-2006, 12:28 PM
do you have alpha 1 drives,,,if so check the micro switch or disconnect the micro switch .....

My MAG 350 has an oil pressure sender to the Thunder Bolt IV module
a bad sender or no oil pressure could kill it too.
However unlikely, its something else to check or temporarily overide
like mrfixxall's shift interupter

Z-Man
08-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the input. It ended up being the ignition assembly sensor inside the distributor cap. The module is about $50 in case this happens to anyone else.

mrfixxall
08-30-2006, 12:13 PM
My MAG 350 has an oil pressure sender to the Thunder Bolt IV module
a bad sender or no oil pressure could kill it too.
However unlikely, its something else to check or temporarily overide
like mrfixxall's shift interupter

I thonk the op switch cuts out the fuel pump...