PDA

View Full Version : SBC 350 Engine Detailed

fastcat
08-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Here are a couple of before and after shots of the 350 in our '68 Classic 18.
The previous owner had sprayed the entire engine with black paint.
I cleaned and brushed and repainted what I could get to of the block, intake, etc. Then I sanded the valve covers and repainted; wet sanded, polished and buffed the old aluminum flame arrestor; cleaned the bilge and applied 2 coats of white Bilgekote. And the new BG Demon carb looks pretty good also.:yes:
I think it's a huge improvement.

BUIZILLA
08-27-2006, 07:10 AM
I would double clamp both ends of your exhaust hose....

great improvement..

JH

vonkamp
08-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Looks great Fastcat!

Kind of funny to see a engine in backwards. :) :)

fastcat
08-27-2006, 11:44 AM
I would double clamp both ends of your exhaust hose....
great improvement..
JH

Good advice...we'll do that.

fastcat
08-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Engine looks GREAT, but it's in backwards :eek!: :eek!: :wink:

Backwards???? That explains it!

Last Tango
08-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Nice! Very nice!
Nice to see you put Gaye to work polishing and shining your boat. Is she okay with that, really?

Do you want your Donzi Doo-Rag back? It goes better with YOUR boat than with mine. Mikey promised me a blue one since I have already paid for one.

You going to Sarasota? That nice clean boat could be a trophy winner in the contests. I'm entering my boat in the category for "Most bunged up rubrail, in the shortest time."

fastcat
08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Nice! Very nice!
Nice to see you put Gaye to work polishing and shining your boat. Is she okay with that, really?
Do you want your Donzi Doo-Rag back? It goes better with YOUR boat than with mine. Mikey promised me a blue one since I have already paid for one.
You going to Sarasota? That nice clean boat could be a trophy winner in the contests. I'm entering my boat in the category for "Most bunged up rubrail, in the shortest time."

Mark, Mark, Mark...silly boy.
Do you think Tom is the one that does all the cleaning and polishing and painting on MY boat? This boat was my birthday present from Tom last year. He is not the cleaning, polishing, detail person, I am. I'm the car and boat person in the family- he just helps me keep things running.
An example is the list of my previous Christamas and birthday presents I received (and asked for):
-Pneumatic Orbital polisher
-Mallory Distributor for my '64 E-Type
-Stainless exhaust and headers for the E-Type
-Demon carburetor for the Donzi
-The Donzi :yes:
-New steering wheel for DOnzi
-Folding platform to stand on to clean said boats and vehicles

Tom said I am the easiest wife to shop for of all his friends!
Yes, we will be in Sarasota. Bring the red doo rag!