PDA

View Full Version : Donzi.net attitude

ospreyproduction
08-24-2006, 06:52 AM
I must say that since my departure from the outboard scene and the tranfer into the Donzi, this site has been extremely helpful. What's more impressive is that I see very little "ego BS" here, and a group that has a genuine positive attitude that not only wants to help, but wants to have a good time too.

Thanks.

Team Jefe
08-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks Bud - we are pretty close knit and tend not to put up well with chest thumpin'-in-your-face BS like you see on several of the other Performance Boating sites.

By the way...Nice Avatar:yes:

classic_18
08-24-2006, 07:48 AM
Do a search on foamed in gas tanks. That'll change your mind.

Audiofn
08-24-2006, 08:05 AM
What kind of boat do you have? If we knew then we could put ya down if it will make you feel better :smash: :smash: :bonk: :bonk: :tongue: :tongue:

Digger
08-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Part of what makes this a great "online" and "in person" community is the widespread belief that whats most important is being on the water, regardless of the type of vehicle. The egomaniacs will never understand that.

'course... if you're going to be on the water it might has well be a Donzi :)

Morgan's Cloud
08-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Do a search on foamed in gas tanks. That'll change your mind.

:yes: :tongue: :yes:

And don't forget the other 'key ' topics as well ....

goatee
08-24-2006, 11:27 AM
had to laugh (to myself) not out loud... yes, what you say is very true.
but i know what alot of us are thinking here is about other topics that have come up in the past that recieved more than one opinion.
its still not chest thumping, or ego,,,just a heated debate is all.

topics to avoid (religion and politics go without saying)
windsheild/weenie bar
merc/omc/trs
gas tank foam
king kong/ godzilla
coke/pepsi
elvis/beatles
bubble gum bubble gum ina dish/
my mom kicked your moms butt, what color was the blood?
how i'm always right and your always wrong

they start typing in all caps and you KNOW they're yelling at thier monitors.
getting the blood pressure up,,,until your just liek,,"okay, okay, king kong won the fight bro...." chill.

just wait till winter and we're talking about milk again.

2% rules!

THERE! I SAID IT!!!!!!!

anywhoo, glad you like it here.

ospreyproduction
08-24-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm not saying that everyone here agrees with one another, but there are some other sites where it has gotten so bad, some of the best technicians won't even offer technical advise anymore. There are people out there that only exist to stir the pot, and they get off on it. I have not found that to be the case here.

Tony
08-24-2006, 03:06 PM
merc/omc/trs
2% rules!

WHAT? WHERE THE HELL IS VOLVO LISTED??!! I GUESS SO WHAT THAT THEY ARE THE UNDISPUTED BEST BUILT DRIVE ON THE PLANET!

2%...ARE YOU ****TIN' ME? EVERYONE KNOWS TO DRINK 1/2% ONCE YOU ARE OVER ABOUT 14 YEARS OF AGE...GET A CLUE GOATEE!

:wink: :eek!: :wink: :eek!:

DJ13
08-24-2006, 03:21 PM
this site is hands-down, great. I've been helped countless times and the people here are what makes the difference. I've seen other boards get outta hand and the admin had to shut things down until the negativity passed. Some of the posters are like Road Ragers who get behind the wheel and turn into freaks...we could call them Board Ragers, saying things on their computers they'd never say to someone's face. You don't see too much of that here.

Ranman
08-24-2006, 03:43 PM
What you guys are describing is exactly why this site is so great.

One of the best things is that even though there's the occasional heated debate, it rarely turns ugly and later on, pretty much everybody can laugh and joke about it.

People will have their opinions and opinions will always differ. Members of Donzi.net for some reason tend to respect those differences moreso than on other sites.

apollo24
08-24-2006, 04:13 PM
It is a very informative site, and lots of color and personalities.

I do have a question: when one receives good advice on certain topics, we can give them a rep point, right? There are many of you who have helped me out several times, and that would seem like the easiest way to say thanks....

Cuda
08-24-2006, 06:37 PM
I agree, especially the S&F boys are tough on each other. It seems the main object of their get togethers is to see who can drink the most, and who can stay up the latest.

There are very few people who actually want to cause trouble for the fun of it, and they generally don't last long.

Schnook
08-25-2006, 07:34 AM
I saw a great post somewhere here in the past. The guy said, "Some people make the brooms, some people sell the brooms, some people push the brooms, but on the water, we're all the same." I think that's cool.

Carl C
08-25-2006, 07:50 AM
2%...ARE YOU ****TIN' ME? EVERYONE KNOWS TO DRINK 1/2% ONCE YOU ARE OVER ABOUT 14 YEARS OF AGE...YOU DIRTY *#@%&! ANY REAL MAN DRINKS WHOLE MILK!

EricG
08-25-2006, 09:49 AM
I think the few things we have going for us are:

There are very few members - only a couple thousand, and less than 100 of those are probably active, and about half of those folks have been here for about 5-6 years. Like someone else said, this is a tight nit community with a very singular interest. It's much harder to get into a flame war with someone when you might see them face to face in a few months:yes:

In fact, tonight I'm heading to the wedding someone that I met only on this board (a very respected member who has never actually owned a donzi - BTW), and the only guest I will know is another board member. What a great place to be able to find friends like that!

EG

BTW:
No windshield
VOLVO
Anchor Shade
Dodge
Non-original modifications are OK
No Bimini
:wink: :yes: :boat:

Carl C
08-25-2006, 11:12 AM
holy crap... i agree with carl on something... :eek!::rlol: Yessiree bob, we're one big happy dysfunctional family.:wink:

Formula Jr
08-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Well welcome ospreyproduction. Come to events. And if there isn't one near you; make One. :) This is what we do.
And remember that Scot makes this happen.

We know we are clocks. And we are going to have fun.

TuxedoPk
08-30-2006, 12:38 AM
holy crap... i agree with carl on something... :eek!:

What's up? You even agreed with me on something in the same year :wink: :biggrin.:

TuxedoPk
08-30-2006, 12:43 AM
What's more impressive is that I see very little "ego BS" here.

I think the real reason is that we keep the testosterone level in check by having some of our members attend co-ed baby showers :wink: :yes:

Lenny
08-30-2006, 12:45 AM
In fact, tonight I'm heading to the wedding someone that I met only on this board (a very respected member who has never actually owned a donzi - BTW), and the only guest I will know is another board member. What a great place to be able to find friends like that!

Ahhh, Eric, Owen had a DONZI GT21. It went North :D , somewhere on my property. ;)

..as for the other part, I agree TOTALLY, this is a close knit group of FRIENDS that seem to do anything for each other.

GREAT PLACE !!!!! :)

Team Jefe
08-30-2006, 08:44 AM
YOU DIRTY *#@%&! ANY REAL MAN DRINKS WHOLE MILK!

You are ALL WRONG:smash: :smash: :smash: ......

.....All Natural, Fat Free Soy Milk is the only way to go....Not Only Good, but Good For You:wink:

Volvo, Merc, TRS, huh? Clip-ons are the only TRUE Marine Motor:lookaroun

Carl C
08-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Just for those wondering WTF, here is ChromeGorilla's infamous milk poll. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43296 :)

EricG
08-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Ahhh, Eric, Owen had a DONZI GT21. It went North :D , somewhere on my property. ;)
..as for the other part, I agree TOTALLY, this is a close knit group of FRIENDS that seem to do anything for each other.
GREAT PLACE !!!!! :)

Damn..I forgot about the GT. That boat represents so many important lessons from Donzi.net

1. Owens stories of his cross country adventures are truly some of the best threads ever on this site.

2. Buying a boat sight unseen across the country on ebay CAN be a mistake.

3. All good Donzi's eventually go to Canada to die :wink: :wink:

-EG

Sam
08-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Your cracking me up Tux :rlol:.

Cuda
08-30-2006, 07:46 PM
I think the real reason is that we keep the testosterone level in check by having some of our members attend co-ed baby showers :wink: :yes:
Just last weekend, my niece asked me if I was coming to her baby shower. I told her how much grief came to the last guy on here that did that!

goatee
08-30-2006, 08:01 PM
it's not that bad,,,just as long as you arent missing a donzi gathering because of it.

mikev
09-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I totaly agree with how great and helpfull everyone on this site is. Have a Donzi bowrider with a v6 i dont post much on the other boat sites because of fear of getting flamed like because its not a REAL offshore boat or not a REAL peroformance boat. coments i made before about upgrading on other sites is just buy a v8 like duh i dont know that. On this site i get honest help and suggestions and when i offer advice its accepted and the big one if im wrong (dont tell my fiance i admited that) it gets pointed out as why im wrong and what the correct answer is without belittling flames and comments. I love this site and everyone on it. great friends and great advice thanks alot guys for making me feel at home over the last 5 years.

Newby
09-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Shh! I have a 4.3L. Its not my fault, the boat came that way. I was told it was dead and was planning on a 5.7L. Trouble is, the damn thing won't die. I'm taking it out this weekend for my first ride! Seriously, If I can help you with something, ask away. I have been able to raise this one from the dead.:crossfing

mikev
09-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Shh! I have a 4.3L. Its not my fault, the boat came that way. I was told it was dead and was planning on a 5.7L. Trouble is, the damn thing won't die. I'm taking it out this weekend for my first ride! Seriously, If I can help you with something, ask away. I have been able to raise this one from the dead.:crossfing

Trust me I know you cant kill them. I run the crap out of mine cruise at 4k rpms all day long drag kids tubbing and run it up to 5200 rpms wot everytime i hit the lake just cause its fun and i cant kill it. probelm is significant other wont let me replace it till it goes and it wont die. but i do like the fact i can run all day on 25 gallons of fuel which is a plus with gas prices the way they are lately and still runs faster than alot of other similar sized bow riders around here it will hit 50 mph with just me in it.

Newby
09-05-2006, 03:44 PM
I took her out this weekend and it ran great. I guess the 5.7L will have to wait awhile.

WingWing
09-07-2006, 12:39 PM
certainly better than some of the blowhards over on OSO.

Carl C
09-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I see that some house cleaning was done today. Does that mean that this is a big happy family again?:hyper:

Jack Frost
09-11-2006, 08:14 AM
seems I always get a cold shoulder here :rolleyes:?????

Team Jefe
09-12-2006, 08:02 AM
seems I always get a cold shoulder here :rolleyes:?????

Oh Jack, I'm sorry...come on in the house and sit by the fire...that will warm you up.:lookaroun

BigGrizzly
09-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Mikev, if were sooo good how come we never getr together on the lake. we have been trying to do this for years. We almost made it once but had a job issue. We worked only a mile from you too at the time. Now Tom and I are retired and home on the lake almost every day. I am on taylor creek and have qa new aluminum dock with the 22 Criterion and the 18 Corsican on it. this is only doch on the lake like that. common by!!

mikev
09-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Mikev, if were sooo good how come we never getr together on the lake. we have been trying to do this for years. We almost made it once but had a job issue. We worked only a mile from you too at the time. Now Tom and I are retired and home on the lake almost every day. I am on taylor creek and have qa new aluminum dock with the 22 Criterion and the 18 Corsican on it. this is only doch on the lake like that. common by!!
I will have to break out the map and find you not sure where taylor creek is were usualy down around young deer and 6 mile. life has been very hectic over the last couple of years with the divorce moving a couple times jobs ect. i know excuses excuses :wink: next time were out I will run up your way and look for you.

BigGrizzly
09-14-2006, 09:43 AM
MikeV Taylor creek is up by War Hill park going twards the Chastee river. This may help the address is 121 Lakewood Dr. Dawsonville. My cell is 770-318-1136. Home phone is 706-216-8194. Give us a shout. I do remember about the past problems, hope your doing OK now. At least you still have your boat! Glad that you responded. You may not have a classic but YOU are a real Donzi guy and your boat IS a Donzi!!!! Don't you ever forget that!

mikev
09-14-2006, 11:37 AM
thanks will do Randy should be out in the next couple of weeks or so.