PDA

View Full Version : My 2003 22zx Won't Move

VegasTug
08-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Last Saturday I was trying to pull my 11 year old daughter skiing. Rope was tight, I hit the throttle and nothing happened. I checked under the hatch and found metal shavings back by the drive shaft and engine coupler. I have a 6.2 with a Bravo and there was no indication of a problem. The boat has less than 100 hours. I called Donzi to find out about zcare warranty in Vegas as there are no dealers. They told me to bring it to a dealer and have them contact Donzi for the paperwork to file the claim. One thing donzi said is that they weren't sure the coupler would be covered if that is the problem. I would say it is part of the drivetrain. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Vegas Tug:(

Digger
08-24-2006, 06:00 AM
Vegas, nothing happened as in boat didn't move but did the engine rev up? Did you hear any grinding or any other noises?

VegasTug
09-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Turns out it was the coupler. I replaced it myself as it wasn't covered under Z-Care Do. I got the coupler at dealer cost and spent about 8 hours labor with engine alignment. Runs great now. Better that $1500+ at the dealer. Make sure you grease the splines every 50 hrs or you could end up like me.