PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a boat storage and maintenance business

Dredgeking
08-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Just bought a boat storage and maintenance business in Northern MI. Can you guys tell me what you are paying for indoor storage and how much you pay for winterizing your boats? His current pricing is the lowest in the county. I need to raise the prices, but I still want to be the least expensive.

Just looking for ideas and suggestions on how to provide quality service from those who are in the business or pay to have their boat stored and winterized. I have my own ideas, but I think it's good to hear from others.

Sam
08-23-2006, 11:13 AM
$2.20 a sq foot for indoor cold strorage is a decent price in SE Mich. Do what Jamie said, shop the market then do your math..............good luck.

Digger
08-23-2006, 11:21 AM
if you're talking about in season dry storage, marina bull forklift style, the rate around VA beach area is about 9 bucks per foot per month. Don't know about off season storage or winterization charges. good luck with the business!

Dredgeking
08-23-2006, 12:07 PM
It is an established business so there are current rates in place. The previous owner was in business for 30 years so there is a good customer base. There is no shooting in the dark. I am just looking for comparisons and suggestions.

Dredgeking
08-23-2006, 12:10 PM
We are not doing dry stack or in / out storage. The previous owner tried the in / out service a few years ago and it did not work. There is also a new dry stack / in / out service in town.

Trueser
08-23-2006, 01:32 PM
How far north?

Give me a quote on a 22 classic and a Z29 inside please.

Mike