PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Props

ospreyproduction
08-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Has anyone ever thinned a Turbo prop??? What was the result???

ospreyproduction
08-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Anyone....anyone.....BUELLER.....BUELLER....

ospreyproduction
08-23-2006, 02:23 PM
.......bueller

blackhawk
08-23-2006, 02:42 PM
A GOOD lab job will almost always provide higher rpm and more speed. But how much depends on a lot of variables.

OKII
08-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Do a search on this prop, I know there are some guys who are currently using them, Ive heard good things about them and hope to try one myself. RTSE may have some info for you-Hope that helps!

OKII
08-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Whoops, didn't see the "thinned" word in your post. .Not sure if anyone has thinned one here

Dr. Dan
08-30-2006, 05:20 AM
:spongebob Osprey ... First welcome aboard... I have used nothing but Turbo Props on my King Cobra since I have owned it. I have a 1:43 Ratio Drive, I started with a Turbo 23 with the stock 454, then went to a 25 with the HP 500 EFI Motor.... both were perfect props...late last year I tried the TXP 25 Pitch with the "T-Lok Hub Kit" which allows the interchange of Hub Inserts to Bravo or King Cobra Drives. The TXP is sorta a Turbo Labbed Prop, it has more Rake, Thinner Outter Edges, and offers more Bite from the same pitch Prop, it also has no Diffusser Flare at the Tail End of the Hub... so it's basically a Bass Style Prop... I have incredible acceleration with the TXP's and tremendous handling...

Now keep in mind I am one of the few 22 Classics that is still running a 3 Blade Prop and with a boat that can get North of the 75 mph mark when it wants to... I also have the King Cobra Drive which I am told gives me a more secure grip on the water... I have no porpoise issues-never have, no Torque Steer - never have, so take it for what its worth... Merc and Bravo definitely have the market cornered... but there are old and new technologies and designs that are available... IMO Mercury is just a hell of a Marketing Force....the others just sit back and watch.... as Mercury kicks their collective asses.... and that is what it's all about.

So get a Bravo based T-Lok from Turbo(available from Poodle) and find someone who has T-Lok Hubbed Props.... and ask them real nice to try their props...go to some events... and meet new friends...good luck.

Doc of Slow King Cobra Driven Boats :beer:

Cuda
08-30-2006, 07:10 AM
I'm running a standard 24" three blade Turbo on the 22.