PDA

View Full Version : The New Orleans Saints (JOKE)

harbormaster
08-22-2006, 08:02 AM
The coach had put together the perfect team for the New Orleans Saints. The only thing missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues, but he couldn't find a ringer who could ensure a Super Bowl victory.

Then one night, while watching CNN, he saw a war-zone scene in Afghanistan. In the background, he spotted a young Afghan Muslim soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand-grenade straight into a window from 80 yards away. Then he threw another from 50 yards down a chimney, and then he hit the window of a passing car going 80 miles per hour.

I've got to get this guy!" coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!" So, he brings the young Afghan to the States and teaches him the great game of football, and sure enough the Saints go on to win the Super Bowl.

The young Afghan is hailed as a hero of football, and when the coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants to do is call his mother.

"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you," the old Muslim woman says, "You deserted us. You are not my son!"

"Mother, I don't think you understand," pleads the son, "I've just won the greatest sporting event in the world!"

"No! Let me tell you," his mother retorts, "at this very moment there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!"

The old lady pauses then tearfully says, "I will never forgive you for making us move to New Orleans!"

wrussellw
08-22-2006, 06:44 PM
That's cold.:yes:

22zxla
08-22-2006, 06:56 PM
say man, i live in new orleans and if you would see the destruction from katrina you wouldnt be making jokes! But if you want to joke, texas has nothin but queers and steers, and i dont see no horns on you!

wrussellw
08-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Well we did export a few of our issues to Texas:eek!:

Carl C
08-22-2006, 08:06 PM
You could substitute Detroit or Cincinnatti, etc. and the joke still works if you're offended.

Rajun Cajun
08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Love the humor. I was born in michigan so I can appreciate both sides. New Orleans will never be the same but it is still a fantastic city.

apollo24
08-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Good one! :wink:

However, I think that the worst of Nawlins' problems now reside in Houston. That's the bad news. The good news is that Houston is kicking their asses in a way Nawlins' never could or would (at least that's what I have been hearing on National Public Radio).

Last Tango
08-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Actually, I saw that joke several years ago, and in fact, Detroit WAS the city in question.
But, it could just as easily have been my own town, Jacksonville, whose Northside area is experiencing record murders. So far this year, the only rate climbing faster here, is the gas prices.

harbormaster
08-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey 22zxla with all due respect to you...

The bigger joke is that guy that New Orleans calls a Mayor.

Its always someone else's fault. Why weren't the levees worked on before Katrina?

Everyone knew the levees were bad before the storm. A large portion of the "poor downtrodden" of New Orleans are here in Houston doing exactly what they were doing in New Oleans which does not include the word "WORK" or "JOB".

I feel bad for the real working people who are trying to rebuild and are not getting any help.

22zxla
08-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Harbor master. I really cant blame the mayor. The leevees were designed by corps of engineers which is federal gov. The fear was always that the surge would go over the levees, not collapse them.Your correct on your points about those lazy chocolate city bums! You wont get rid of them till all fema money runs out then bus them back to NO. Let them keep killing each other! Anyway sorry bout the cheap shot,the work stress has its moments.

harbormaster
08-26-2006, 10:24 PM
No Problem. The working people of New Orleans are in my thoughts.

sweet 16 1966
08-27-2006, 07:44 AM
I was there 2 weeks ago. Doubtful it will ever be the way we remember the town before Katrina. Much is boarded up and apartment complexes look like ghost towns . Went Red fishing which was off this particular weekend. 7 fishing- 3 days- 49 reds. Way off from norm. Gonna try it again 9/8-9. Ever fished out of a Beaver Tail with a stiffy in your hand? Incredable
skiff. Will go in 4" of water. 60 hp evinrude was getting 7-8 mpg's- seriously!

Guys, please dont take offense at the joke, we are family! Next time it will be aimed at someone else, find the humor and move on.