PDA

View Full Version : Bike Rental - EagleRider.Com - Questions

RedDog
08-21-2006, 08:29 PM
I've owed about 15 bikes through the years - starting when I was 13, but the last was when my kids were toddlers in 1990. At that time I had a Norton 850. Previous to that I had a built 1100 Katana which was a dog compared to today's 600s - it would only run about 150! I bought the Norton to slow me down...
Anyway - one day I would like to have a bike again and desire a Harley. I have never owed or riden one but I have the fever for one. Owership isn't likely for a while yet since I need to manage a couple of college tutions first.
EagleRider.Com offers Harleys for rent. This seems to be a good option for handling my need for a bike fix. I could rent a bike for a weekend get away with Donzi Deb, learn about Harleys, and get to ride without a big investment. Has anyone had any experience plus or minus with renting a Hog or any other bike? Any pointers?

mrfixxall
08-21-2006, 09:00 PM
no,i think if you wreck it you buy it(god forbid that should happen) but i have 3 forsale..2002 road king,13500 Blue and silver..1998 flht standard 10500 black(really nice riding bike) and a 1998 flhtc efi all the bells and whistles 12500 blue and silver..also have a flhtc screemin eagle but im keeping that one...

RedDog
08-21-2006, 09:11 PM
no,i think if you wreck it you buy it(god forbid that should happen) but i have 3 forsale..2002 road king,13500 Blue and silver..1998 flht standard 10500 black(really nice riding bike) and a 1998 flhtc efi all the bells and whistles 12500 blue and silver..also have a flhtc screemin eagle but im keeping that one...

Not being an old harley guy I have never been able to decipher the model codes. FL this, FHT that, ya da ya da. I under stand "Road King" but what is the code - flht, flhtc,....

Can anyone put it in simple terms

hummmm - wreck it I own it. Well that's one way of justiying a purchase.....

Mac
08-22-2006, 07:09 AM
You can rent bikes directly from a HD dealer, they currently rent in 44 states. Check out Harley's web site.
I would hold off buying one as long as you can, the prices on new ones and used ones are falling fast and have been for a while, too many people bought them cause it was the cool thing to have now the market is saturated and many of the people that bought them now want to sell, the economy isn't helping them either. It was just a couple years ago the local HD dealers were getting $2k to $4k over sticker price, now they are selling them below sticker and offering special financing or free accessories.

mrfixxall
08-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Not being an old harley guy I have never been able to decipher the model codes. FL this, FHT that, ya da ya da. I under stand "Road King" but what is the code - flht, flhtc,....
Can anyone put it in simple terms
hummmm - wreck it I own it. Well that's one way of justiying a purchase.....
1)roadking standard has hard salddle bags
2)roadking classic has leather bags and more crome
3)flht is a standard bagger style bike,has a fairing and hard side bags not too much crome no tour pack and no stero..
4)flhtc is the caddy of harleys,all the bells and whistles,stero,tourpack(a compartment thats mounted on the back fender to put more crap in lol)lots of crome..yada yada yada.....