PDA

View Full Version : saw 2 donzi's yesterday on lanier

ATLDONZI
08-21-2006, 10:08 AM
yep yep...went out to cocktail cove on lake lanier and saw two donzis an 87 hornet and a newer classic 22...

mikev
08-22-2006, 12:32 PM
I dont usualy go out on lanier on the weekends but i will be running around there this thursday afternoon. Putting in at 6 mile only courtsey dock i have found that is still in the water all the rest are sitting on dirt because the lake is so low.

tmdog
08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Mike, Try Vann's Tavern ramp up the road. The three ramps are still deep enough to launch my 18 or any larger vessel. I never boat on weekends and might see you on the water Thurs.

boldts
08-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey guys, getting ready to head down to Lanier to visit with Big Grizzly here on the boards. I'm leaving Thursday morning early from central OH. Maybe we could arrange a real quick meet, do dinner, somewhere there by the lake? I've never been there before, but I'm sure Grizzly could help me find any place you all think would be nice. I'm thinking maybe Friday or Saturday night?

Magicallbill
08-23-2006, 04:29 AM
Hey Scott;
The part of Lanier that I was on seemed OK. We were near Lake Lanier Marine,where we purchased Jason's red 16.
Tell Grizz "hello" for me..His 23 Solas is puurfect for the blue 16.

mikev
08-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Mike, Try Vann's Tavern ramp up the road. The three ramps are still deep enough to launch my 18 or any larger vessel. I never boat on weekends and might see you on the water Thurs.

The ramps are not my concern I dont like to beach the boat while i park the truck so i am looking at the ramps that still have floating courtesy docks. I usually put in at young dear because its right around the corner and ramps still have plenty of water but dock is in the dirt.

BigGrizzly
08-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Bolts is here we cruised the lake today we will be hanging at my new dock tomorrow and playing Sweet 16 said he might show up how about the rest of you lake lanier guys

sweet 16 1966
08-27-2006, 08:21 PM
BigGrizzy took Scott Boldt and myself for a run in the Criterian today.
We hit 82 before backing off which is a thrill in my book! What an engine!
Makes me want to upgrade. Of course, it doesn't take much for me.
Anyway, it was good to spend some time with Randy and Scott. Barbra was enjoying the new dock while we did our thing.
I had to include a pic of the Corsican, what a rare and beautiful boat also.

dclassic
08-29-2006, 08:28 PM
I got a ride in Big Grizzly's Criterion a while back with Tomahawk and Bad Tat also. That thing is blazin fast! Nice ride Randy! That Corsican is beautiful also, what a nice piece of history. It is quite nice to see 2 rare Donzi's sharing a dock.

I won't make it out this weekend as I will be at Road Atlanta, but if anyone is heading out the weekend of the 9th, let's try to get a bit of a Lanier Donzi gathering together. Any suggestions as to a time and place? We could chat and motor around the lake for a while. What do ya'll think?

sweet 16 1966
08-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Redfishing in Lafitte La that weekend. Good idea though.

ATLDONZI
08-29-2006, 08:50 PM
anyone on lanier ever go to cocktail cove? i have only seen a handful of donzi's...and never any classics....

BigGrizzly
08-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Scott Boldt here using Grizzly's computer. I've had the joy of riding in Randy's Criterion a couple times now and words just can't explain it. The Corsican does the same thing only it's the nimbleness of the 18 that makes it a joy to ride in and drive. After having a 22' Classic for a couple years, I had forgotten how much fun the !8' hull is to drive. Griz added power steering to the Corsican and boy does that really make her easy to drive and dance over the waves. I have to laugh a little at some of the comments I've heard about people not wanting to run a 18' Donzi on ruff weekend water. That is the water these boats were built for. They are such a joy to drive when you need to do more than just steer the boat. Nothing like walking an 18 over a wave or boat wake. Anyway, I'm having a wonderful time here with Mr. and Mrs. Carabelli. Sure wish I could have met more of the Lanier Donzi crowd as we've seen quite a few Donzi boats compared to what I used to see on our Central Ohio lakes. You guys really should plan a gathering at least once a month on the lake. Kind of like the Ford club meeting for a cruise night in the local town. There are at least 10 Donzi boats if not more on this big lake. Take care all and enjoy the remaining time you have for boating down here in the Southern climate.

sweet 16 1966
08-30-2006, 06:07 AM
Scott,
Great observation. We do need to become more connected. We don't seem to have a cause but maybe that will change in time. I live 15 miles from Lanier and Randy is the first Donzi owner I have met. I have seen where a minx hides out on the other end of the lake but no others I know of. Although, I don't spend too much time there due to weekend traffic and crusier waves tend to want to roll over the bow! Been here since 91. Hey, you may want to move here and begin one.