PDA

View Full Version : Donzi vs. Baja, results are in

chappy
08-20-2006, 11:44 PM
My boat motor is pulled, so I spent the day on a friend's 'toon boat. I heard some open hull noise coming toward me. I turned to see a 22ZX running a 24 foot Baja. Two to three foot slop on the lake. Coming toward me they were even. While passing the ZX had perfect attitude, mid to upper sixties, had four boat lengths on the other boat. KICKING MAXIMUM ASS.:yes: I know the guy running it, his name is Kenny, he's a member but I've not seen him on the board in some time. The pass was 75 feet from my boat. Good stuff.
Rich

LKSD
08-21-2006, 08:08 AM
The Zx only 3-4 boat lengths ahead?? Uh oh... Its SC time :) :) lol..

You know the dude in the Baja was taking a pounding while the zx was probably fairly comfy!! :)

Jamie / Lakeside

mrfixxall
08-21-2006, 10:16 AM
My boat motor is pulled, so I spent the day on a friend's 'toon boat. I heard some open hull noise coming toward me. I turned to see a 22ZX running a 24 foot Baja. Two to three foot slop on the lake. Coming toward me they were even. While passing the ZX had perfect attitude, mid to upper sixties, had four boat lengths on the other boat. KICKING MAXIMUM ASS.:yes: I know the guy running it, his name is Kenny, he's a member but I've not seen him on the board in some time. The pass was 75 feet from my boat. Good stuff.
Rich

Hmmmmmmmm i usuall get the bahahahahahahahhaha's by 20 boat legnths...

undertaker
08-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Rich

I guess 45 mph speed limit on the lake was not obeyed..:) :) :yes: :yes: Nice..screw the speed limit when you running a Baja or haja..:) :)

Undertaker:wink:

Uncle Fester
08-21-2006, 01:12 PM
I ran with my buddy all weekend who's got a 23 Baja. Wish I could say the same, but he spanks me bad. Probably has 10 mph on me. But he cheats. He put a blower on his.

I don't mind though because I ran all day on a half tank of gas and he had to fill up once while on the water.

tiger lily
08-21-2006, 03:11 PM
eh, my dad had a 196 baja sunsport with the 350 mag/alpha drive, we had 2 props for it, one for towing tubes and such, and one for all out speed, and in a light chop, it would beat the snot out of the 18.

chappy
08-21-2006, 10:33 PM
It was fun to watch. The speed limit was definitely NOT on their minds. The funny thing was, my first instinct was to turn the boat and join the fun!:) But then I forgot, I was in a 'toon boat that topped off at a blistering 18.2 on the gps.:bonk:
I called a therapist when I hit shore, I have an appointment on the couch tomorrow:wink:
Rich