PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for Lake St. Clair or a Great Lake Monday?

Carl C
08-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Last I saw it's supposed to be a nice day and summer is winding down.

olredalert
08-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Carl,,, Im absolutely going to be doing some testing with the Corsican on Monday. Will probably put in at the Algonac ramps just to the east of the Harsens Island ferry right around 12 noon. Thats on M-29 on the south side of Algonac. Easy to get to and good ramps. A bit shallow but Ill show you the way out, and free during the week. It would be great to have a friend out there as I have broken every time Ive been out in the C-boat this summer. Trying a whole new induction set-up this time that should cure my reliability issues. If you just heard something thats me knocking on wood. Phone me at 810-326-0490 if you can make it. Ill take you to the infamous Browns as well for lunch, and show you around the islands as well!!!..........Bill S

Carl C
08-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Carl,,, Im absolutely going to be doing some testing with the Corsican on Monday. Will probably put in at the Algonac ramps just to the east of the Harsens Island ferry right around 12 noon. Thats on M-29 on the south side of Algonac. Easy to get to and good ramps. A bit shallow but Ill show you the way out, and free during the week. It would be great to have a friend out there as I have broken every time Ive been out in the C-boat this summer. Trying a whole new induction set-up this time that should cure my reliability issues. If you just heard something thats me knocking on wood. Phone me at 810-326-0490 if you can make it. Ill take you to the infamous Browns as well for lunch, and show you around the islands as well!!!..........Bill S Algonac is a long drive and it would be better for me to put in at Metro Beach and take the boat over. I think I could find the middle channel and get to the Algonac ramps OK or we could meet in the lake. I'm gonna need to get some fast runs in. Wouldn't mind shooting the Detroit River again. Is there anything to do on the Canadian side of the lake? I will call tomorrow. Is anyone else in? It's just a phone call away(sick day).

olredalert
08-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Carl,,,I dont do a lot of running way out in the lake with the 18. Tend to stick around the islands as there is always a lot to do. Call anyway and we will figure it out.........Bill S

Carl C
08-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Bill and I will be on St. Clair noon to whenever. Anyone else in?:alligator

Carl C
08-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Bill (olredalert) and I played on St. Clair today. Bill took me on a tour of the channels, some of which are 85 ft. deep! I had a harsh encounter with a 6 ft. freighter wake so on went the life jacket! We stopped here (pic) for lunch and a beer and then we hopped in my boat for a quick run to Detroit and back. Bill's Corsican is too cool for words. It's so round and the motor ain't bad either! If anyone wants to get out on St. Clair on a week-day when it's sane let me know. Oh yeah, we also saw two tall ships right out of Pirates of the Carribean. I guess they're just for show though because they were running under power on a good sailing day.

boldts
08-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Carl, thank-you for the pics! Bill is a great guy as you've learned, but we really want to know is what did the GPS say when he did the top speed test run of the Corsican? LOL Be interesting to know where the tall ships started from and where they were heading? Possibly a Labor Day celebration somewhere? I used to love the trip down into Detroit, even in an 18' Classic. I'll tell ya one thing though, you do not want to be lost in down town Detroit towing an 18' Classic to meet friends at a launch ramp North of the city. Ask me how I know this. LOL :)

olredalert
08-22-2006, 10:48 AM
--------Scott,,, Tall ships were headed south. The only one I saw the name of was the "Spirit of Baltimore". I first saw it in the St.Clair river on my way to the ramps. Then Carl and I saw it again in the south channel. Then after a bite and a beer at Browns we saw the both of them way south just entering the Detroit river. Carl got us down there quick (70 or above all the way across the lake). Hes got himself one nice 22 there (love the yellow fairing) and has figured out how to haul "a" in it too. His speedometer often bounced around 74/75!!!
--------As far as speed, Carl had me by about 4mph or so if he was aired out. He may not have been quite at his peak, but Im pretty sure I wasnt either. I have just taken the complete Scorpion fuel-injection off the Corsican and gone back to a 750 Holley, air-gap manifold, and MSD and may not have this combo dialed in perfectly yet. Im probably the only guy out there that just doesnt feel safe with that injection. At least I know what Im looking at when I open the hatch now,,,LOL!!! I am also still plagued with a bit of chine-walk when aired out that Id like to cure. I was also loosing a bit of oil out of one valve-cover gasket and decided prudence was the best attack until I get the leak straightened out.
--------Had a good day with Carl. Hes a nice guy that rarely slows down!!!!!!!!!.........Bill S