PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help

ragazzarookie
08-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Talk about a jump....I went from 10' john boat to a 1989 21' Donzi Cuddy Cabin. She needs some love and attention but a real steal. Can anyone tell me where I can get some literature or an owners manual.........anything on where to start. She has sat for about a year from what I know and mostly needs cosmetic work. However, I am not sure about the motor or anything pertaining to the drive-train. Previous owner said it needs a carburetor but sounded good when he had it running. I picked this jem up for a cool $1200.00 with a trailer. Now I need help getting it ready for the water.

help........suggestions????

onesubdrvr
08-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Talk about a jump....I went from 10' john boat to a 1989 21' Donzi Cuddy Cabin. She needs some love and attention but a real steal. Can anyone tell me where I can get some literature or an owners manual.........anything on where to start. She has sat for about a year from what I know and mostly needs cosmetic work. However, I am not sure about the motor or anything pertaining to the drive-train. Previous owner said it needs a carburetor but sounded good when he had it running. I picked this jem up for a cool $1200.00 with a trailer. Now I need help getting it ready for the water.
help........suggestions????
Welcome to the board!!

Literature - hard to find, lots of Ragazza's out there, but when I had mine, I couldn't find any.

Where to start,.... well, let's see some pictures before we jump into that one.

What engine package? You got a good price on it, but I would have the stringers and transom checked out. Don't do much with the engine in there, I built a real nice 365hp SB Chevy for mine, and unfortunately, the hull being only a 16* v, was my limiting factor, not so much for speed, but, any real chop and anything above 45 and you're peeing blood for a week :eek!:

Best of luck, and lets see some pictures so we can make some recommendations.

Wayne