PDA

View Full Version : Do boats ride better in the back of a truck?

fegettes
08-18-2006, 05:25 AM
I think not!
I frequent a sandbar off of Islamorada, here in the Keys, where many boats gather. We looked up to see this. This happened on a Sunday afternoon in the north bound lane. Things happen when you take your eyes off of the road, even for a moment. It could have been he was checking the boats out here on the sandbar, there were many.

RedDog
08-18-2006, 07:37 AM
why do people think that just because a boat is heavy transom straps aren't needed? That may not be the case in this accident, but it would be my first guess....

mrfixxall
08-18-2006, 09:16 AM
why do people think that just because a boat is heavy transom straps aren't needed? That may not be the case in this accident, but it would be my first guess....

That was the first thing that came to my mind,it takes a whole 30 seconds a side to put on..I get alot of people and some of my cust wit hno straps on the back of their boats...Its obvious in the pic that he made a panic stop or rear ended somebody and off the trailer came the boat....

tiger lily
08-18-2006, 07:19 PM
not only do i put transom straps on all the boats i tow, but i also strap Backwards from my bow eye with a minimum of one 2 inch rachet strap normally to prevent it from coming foward, that was the guys own fault for not strapping down is load.

mphatc
08-18-2006, 09:40 PM
The safety chain that goes along with the winch strap is supposed to prevent this.

As for the Hertz Shelby . . . 1 down 499 left . . . or some low number like that . . . imho at $175.00 per day plus mileage, plus fuel, plus other fees . . not worth it!

Now if Poodle would rent out his Shelby for that rate my deposit goes in immediatly!
I claim it for next years 1000 Islands :yes: :)

Mario

boldts
08-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Lets just say $175 for a day at the Drag Strip is cheap by any means in my book. Anyone rented one to do that yet. Used to be the norm back in the 60s or 70s when ever the rental company first offered the cars.