PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic with a BUMPIN stereo....

ospreyproduction
08-17-2006, 10:40 PM
If you thought that it couldn't really be done and done well, guess what.....your wrong. I pretty much gotta have a pimped out ride, gotta have big bump in the trunk,and I've always had some pretty impressive systems in the boats I've had over the years, but.........I think I've outdone myself with the 22. You would think it wasn't really possible considering the space issues but this thing has more ass than a brothas cadillac!! Good GAWD!!! When I say BUMP!! I mean....it will literally moves your eyeballs. It's funny as chit. I just finished the install, I have to go get another battery tomorrow.

We were listening to ZZ Tops "Well I'm bad bad bad bad........" and it makes your eyes fuzzy. It's totally rediculous.:shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

Can't wait to hit the water this weekend!!!

ospreyproduction
08-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Well looky there....I finally got a little rep power. :eek!:.....that's right....I'm a ....2

Tony
08-17-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm bumpin' your rep based on your avatar!

glashole
08-18-2006, 06:19 AM
where's the pics??:)

Surfer
08-18-2006, 07:49 AM
So whats it got?

LKSD
08-18-2006, 08:25 AM
From your avatar, Id have to say it does look like you have some good bASS in the boat!! :bonk: :bonk: :) J

undertaker
08-18-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm bumpin' your rep based on your avatar!

Me Too.....:wink: :wink:

Let see some pics of the 10,000 watt stereo set up ya got:) :)

Undertaker:cool:

Sofa King
08-18-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm looking to replace my black grills and spacers for 6x9's in white, any idea who carrys them?

Carl C
08-18-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm looking to replace my black grills and spacers for 6x9's in white, any idea who carrys them? Welcome back SK. Pick up a boating magazine, there are tons of speaker grills available. Osprey, pics please.

blackhawk
08-18-2006, 12:30 PM
If you thought that it couldn't really be done and done well, guess what.....your wrong. I pretty much gotta have a pimped out ride, gotta have big bump in the trunk,and I've always had some pretty impressive systems in the boats I've had over the years, but.........I think I've outdone myself with the 22. You would think it wasn't really possible considering the space issues but this thing has more ass than a brothas cadillac!! Good GAWD!!! When I say BUMP!! I mean....it will literally moves your eyeballs. It's funny as chit. I just finished the install, I have to go get another battery tomorrow.
We were listening to ZZ Tops "Well I'm bad bad bad bad........" and it makes your eyes fuzzy. It's totally rediculous.:shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

Details? And pics please! :D

mrfixxall
08-18-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm looking to replace my black grills and spacers for 6x9's in white, any idea who carrys them?

Do what i did,they have thease little cans now and their really cool..

Their called rattle cans or known as spray paint and comes in many many colors..

Its been 6yrs and still look as good as they did when i first painted them.

mrfixxall
08-18-2006, 01:59 PM

you really dont need a xtra battery hook a base monitor up to the base amp.

ospreyproduction
08-18-2006, 02:16 PM
OK here goes....

You can choose whatever head unit that you want as long as it has RCA line out jacks in the back that go to your amp. I used a simple Sony CD player from Best Buy for $125.

Believe me when I tell you that the MTX 5500 Thunder 10" sub is awesome. I tested it against two 12' JL audio subs in their cabinet and they didn't even come close. I never thought that a single 10 would ever have this much ass, but it surprised the hell out of me. I heard it in the store and immediately had to have one. Crossing my fingers that it would fit in the forward storage area......and ......after some figuring, it bearly made it through the opening. Not a 1/16 to spare, but it fit. The amp is mounted on top of the sub enclosure.

Here's the link to that Thunder enclosure.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/enclosures/TCE.cfm

Then, added a 4 channel amp. One bridged pair to the sub and the other pair forward. I used an Infinity 1200 watt amp ($269 at Best Buy) with a premium set of pioneer 6 inch mids ($150)and wahlah.

I never thought that it would sound this good. It beats other systems that I have had with two 12" subs and a Memphis Belle amp. I have put more than $3500 in other systems and they can't touch this. I would never believe that this system would be this tight, but it is.

By the way, the only holes that were made were for the 6" round speakers. This boat had nothing in the cockpit at all. The original owner had a stereo in the dash with two 3" box sperkers under the dash. It was pitiful.

LED NEONS are going under the dash this evening......BLING BLING:yes: :yes:

I'll take some pics later.

ospreyproduction
08-18-2006, 02:25 PM
The sub system was $199 at Tweeter Audio.
It's the 10" single 2 ohm sub.

I would laugh if someone told me this system was awesome without hearing it myself. I couldn't imaging that just a few components could produce such a high end sound.

The Memphis bell Amp I had in my last boat cost as much as this entire system....and it the old system is no match for this.

I'm going to try to make it to the Hometown Rally, some of you can check it out yourselves.

ospreyproduction
08-18-2006, 03:39 PM
These are actually all LED that change color and move to the beat of the music. They are totally rediculous:yes: :yes: :yes:

ospreyproduction
08-18-2006, 09:14 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa h

LKSD
08-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Post some pics!! It sounds like your system is kickin!! :) Jamie

Sofa King
08-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Osprey, Where is your sub enclosure mounted to....Mine is mounted right under the front deck above the ski locker. is your enclosure ported and iffin so is the port facing the rear seat I take it?

After losing the Ebay auction on the Whipple supercharger I plan on beefing up my sub enclosure to the MTX single 10" with a MTX class D amp 400 watts mono, that way I can take my sub off my 1200 watt Alpine and run it to my MTX 6X9's exclusively dat kick.

Sofa King kickin'

ospreyproduction
08-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Sofa,
My sub enclosure is taking up most of that storage area forward of the foot rests. It was pretty tight getting it in but it did fit. It is ported and I have the port firing toward the back of the boat. The infinity amp I bought is 1200 watts but seems to be clipping early so I have ordered another "Memphis Belle" amp which I've had in the past. The MB performs as well as anything I've seen and I should have done that in the beginning but I was trying to keep the cost down. I bought a brand new one on Ebay for $400.

Still the most amazing sub I've heard, but it doesn't leave any room for forward storage.

BUIZILLA
08-21-2006, 08:02 AM
After losing the Ebay auction on the Whipple supercharger I plan on beefing up my sub enclosure Sofa King kickin'if ya can't get it humpin', ya may as well get it bumpin'

:bonk:

ospreyproduction
08-22-2006, 08:21 PM
if ya can't get it humpin', ya may as well get it bumpin'
:bonk:

I agree.....if I'm not running 100, I'll be bumpin.

blackhawk
08-22-2006, 08:39 PM
After losing the Ebay auction on the Whipple supercharger I plan on beefing up my sub enclosure to the MTX single 10" with a MTX class D amp 400 watts mono, that way I can take my sub off my 1200 watt Alpine and run it to my MTX 6X9's exclusively dat kick.
Sofa King kickin'

Don't want to hi-jack the thread but were you bidding on the sidehanger that went for $2880 last week?

blackhawk
08-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Sofa,
My sub enclosure is taking up most of that storage area forward of the foot rests. It was pretty tight getting it in but it did fit. It is ported and I have the port firing toward the back of the boat. The infinity amp I bought is 1200 watts but seems to be clipping early so I have ordered another "Memphis Belle" amp which I've had in the past. The MB performs as well as anything I've seen and I should have done that in the beginning but I was trying to keep the cost down. I bought a brand new one on Ebay for $400.
Still the most amazing sub I've heard, but it doesn't leave any room for forward storage.

Where the sub is at makes a big difference. Putting it under the bow facing up or toward the front makes for some great sound. I had a dual voice coil 10" Sony sub in my Classic with only 150 watts RMS pushing it and it thundered. I have 2 10" infinitys with 250 watts RMS each in the Pantera and it doesn't bump as hard because it's in the open cockpit with nothing to bounce off.

FYI - if there is room to get the enclosure up and over the storage you can mount it in front of the storage. I did this and used some L-brackets to mount it. Plenty of wood up there. That way you can keep your storage. Just make sure you have a helper to hand you tools cause you only want to get in there once! :D

boatnut
08-22-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm thinking of ripping the stereo out of my 22, I like to listen to the motor.:bonk:

blackhawk
08-22-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm thinking of ripping the stereo out of my 22, I like to listen to the motor.:bonk:
Yep me too when I'm running 5000 rpm. But when I'm hanging on the beach or sandbar I want to ROCK! :yes:

Sofa King
08-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeah Blackhawk, My max bid was $2800. I didn't wanna go any higher after talking to the seller. He said he never used it cause his mechanic told him he didn't have the 454mag....hmmmm. U think one would know that BEFORE one would buy it. He couldn't tell me the age of it either. The winner is on Lake Conroe I think and hope he has good luck with it. I called up Whipple and they wanted $1800 for a new compressor.

Sofa King

blackhawk
08-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah Blackhawk, My max bid was $2800. I didn't wanna go any higher after talking to the seller. He said he never used it cause his mechanic told him he didn't have the 454mag....hmmmm. U think one would know that BEFORE one would buy it. He couldn't tell me the age of it either. The winner is on Lake Conroe I think and hope he has good luck with it. I called up Whipple and they wanted $1800 for a new compressor.
Sofa King

Yeah I talked to him too. Actually a lot of people don't realize the 7.4 330hp has cast internals. My max bid was $2500. I did some research and by the time I bought larger injectors, reprogrammed computer, crank pulley, belt, little odds and ends, etc, etc and dyno time I'd easily have over $4500 into it. For under $5k you can pick up a Vortech system and their system is the chit for the 454/502 MPI motors.