PDA

View Full Version : Gators!!!!!!!!

Cuda
08-17-2006, 07:30 PM
My neighbor went gator hunting last night. One was 11.5 feet long, the other was 12.5! He said they never went farther than two miles from the boat launch by our house, and they saw hundreds of them eight foot and up.:eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

MOP
08-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Joe I thought they were still protected which I think is stupid the numbers are getting to high, when I was stationed in Fla I had the Doo Doo scared out of me. We were jacking some of those Fla dog sized deer and heard a rush in the weeds close by swung the lights and a big mother gator was headed our way, we were some happy to have a tree close by which we stayed in until dawn then went home and cleaned our shorts!

Phil

Cuda
08-17-2006, 07:45 PM
They opened up limited hunting for them probably 15 years ago. You have to get drawn for a permit, and it specifies what body of water you can hunt in. You cannot shoot them. Last night, they shot them with crossbows with a cord attached, got them close to the boat, then harpooned them.:eek!:

Mac
08-17-2006, 09:26 PM
What do they do with them?

Cuda
08-17-2006, 10:19 PM
He sent them to a processing place nearby. I know he is keeping one of the heads to mount, then he'll probably sell the meat and the hide.

RedDog
08-17-2006, 11:41 PM
hummmm ....
the guy in the pictures looks like a VOL Fan http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/outtahere.gif