PDA

View Full Version : Found this in the Keyes

catch 22
08-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Went to Key West yesterday and saw this in Key Largo but didn't have my camera. Went down to Key West again today and took a few pics. I talked to a guy about the boat and he said it was an 1987 with a 7.4. The asking price was 11,900.00.

Lenny
08-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Man, DO YOU EVER have my attention with that one. A few years back I was second bidder on MX Roadsters MINT Hornet III. He bought it, I lost.

This is one nice looking, larger water boat :yes:

olredalert
08-18-2006, 08:31 AM
-----This is a nice boat, Lenny. I think it would look better with an old style windshield, however. Please excuse my ignorance but what kind of drive is pictured???...........Bill S

Carl C
08-18-2006, 08:50 AM
what kind of drive is pictured???...........Bill SSterndrive Engineering Inc. www.sterndrive.cc

DonCig
08-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Lenny, I am ALL OVER IT!

Now buy it before I do!

Don

The Old No Windshield Boats Are Going to go Up Big Time In Value.

Lenny
08-18-2006, 09:06 PM
About 5 years on the resto, nice boat last time I saw it.. Lenny, I'll bring it down to KW for the worlds for ya :) :)

Thanks, but give it to Don. My place looks like a dock at low tide...

As Much as I would like to, and invite another logistical nightmare, I don't need any more problems right now.

Don, GET ON IT. :)

540, Shortie, 650 ponies.

Someone has to go after WA-LO in a bigger boat.

BUIZILLA
08-18-2006, 09:10 PM
this boat is about 1 mile from my sister in laws house....

:cool:

DonCig
08-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Guys, if I am going to drive an antique boat, please give me some history on the model and the handling. I know nothing about this model other than it was properly built without a windshield! LOL

Thanks,

Don

BUIZILLA
08-19-2006, 06:13 AM
Isn't the raised ledge for a previous windshield that's now gone?

Sagbay32
08-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Man that boat is beautiful. I love the pale yellow and white combo...that is white and not honey...right?

Mike

big bore
08-19-2006, 06:09 PM
is there a phone # i just spent the last two days and 1500 miles delling with 2 f&%kin a holes iam very interasted in the hornet i have a line on a hornet11 i am checking on in the moring the one guy that i delt with to day is the gt 21 on the registry for sale over 600 miles and he doesnt no if he whants to sell why did he have me drive all the way for that hell let me know sorry for ranting but come on anys very interested in this hornet
thanks

boldts
08-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Real nice Hornet. Not sure, but I think the rear seat snaps have been installed backwards? I know this from my 18' Classic coming that way until I replaced with a new Bilt-Rite interior. Maybe the Hornet was done differently, but usually the snap in the seat itself is installed on the back side of the seat flap so that when you snap it in, the snap is hidden behind that flap of material. I agree with Don. Built minus a windshield or removed and holes filled, it's the way it should be in my opinion. :) Looks like a nice buy for someone.

catch 22
08-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Went down to the Keys again today and took a few more pics of this Hornet III. I'm not a boat surveyor by no means but there were 2 issues that needed to be addressed.
Engine hatch looks like it blew back.
New rubrail needed.
The boat needs a little TLC, but overall the boats wasn't in bad shape at all.