PDA

View Full Version : donzi's in australia

nightrider
08-16-2006, 06:54 PM
hi everyone

being a long time supporter of Don and his boats i have just purchased my first donzi. quite a hard task in australia as there is a very limited number of donzi's over here.

my problem is im having troubles working out the build date of my boat.
the company that made them in australia has since closed shop.
im finding it very hard to get any info on the australian made donzi's.

so if there is anyone out there who knows anything about Donzi's in australia i am very keen to catch up.
you can also email directly on nightrider73@bigpond.com

thanks
michael

Barry Eller
08-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Post photos and hull number. I'm sure someone here can help identify your boat. What do you know about your boat? Year? Length? Power?

Welcome Mate!

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
08-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Night Rider, eh? Are you a friend of the Toe Cutter and Bubba Zinetti???:wink:

Moody Blu'
08-17-2006, 12:21 AM
knowing what motor and brand drive will help a bit!

Morgan's Cloud
08-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Michael ,
Try to p/m Shaun Clancy ...
He is 'down under ' also and his family has had molds for at least one Donzi model for many years.
I have'nt heard anything from him on here for a while but if you do a search here for " 16 O/B thread" you should be able to retrieve some of his input .
My bet is that he would be able to give you some valuable info .
Steve

Team Jefe
08-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Nightrider?.....Michael??....bubba if you name your boat KITT and put a red ossillating lighty on the front, you will be my hero:wink:

Welcome aboard...around here we'll treat you some many different ways, you're bound to like some of them.:wavey:

nightrider
08-17-2006, 11:57 PM
hi everyone

yes the nightrider is friends with bubba zannetti!!! unfortunatley no oscilating red light though.
ok the boat is just over 16ft, the engine is a 97' mercury v6 with a lazerII prop.
the hull number which is stamped into the hull on the starboard side at the top of the transom is SOA-5-029.
the boat was built by admiral consolidated industries at Bayswater, Victoria.
i have tried to look them up but they no longer exisit.
the picture was taken at Boreen Point, queensland, Aus.

thanks

mick

Moody Blu'
08-21-2006, 09:32 PM
damn an outboard sweet 16, with a windshield. Is that the original gel coat?

looks great, met a guy with a 16 OB and he has a 200 merc on it and says it flies

nightrider
08-22-2006, 06:57 AM
moody blu,
i was told by the previous owner that it is totally original apart from the motor. but he was unable to give me a year of manufacture.
i was skiing behind it at 50 mph with 3 people in the boat on the weekend.
i love my donzi