PDA

View Full Version : Lake George

MDonziM
08-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Hello All,
New to the registry and headed up to Lake George tomorrow for a few days. Staying at the Sagamore w/ a slip. Any recommendations on places to go for food/ drinks/ fun/ Donzi endorsed hangouts etc? Places to see or avoid? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, MM

Kirbyvv
08-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Head to the northern basin of the lake, nice senic cruise through the narrows, less boat traffic up north. Try out the View for food and drinks, north of friends point, just a bit north of Hague. What kind of Donzi? I live near the northern end of the lake, orange '78 x-18.

Kirbyvv
08-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Matty's right, the Algonquin is The Place and close to the Sagamore. Another cool place is Martucci's at the Northern Lake George Resort. Just discovered it a week ago. Reservations only, great docks and food.
But you probably have the best food on the Lake at the Sagamore.

MDonziM
08-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Maby I'll see you out there.

Red/ White 1994 22 2+3. 502efi mostly stock.

MM

Pismo
08-15-2006, 03:21 PM
A microwaved TV dinner has better food in it than the Boathouse.......:eek!: Cool spot tho. The View and the Algonquin for atmosphere, views, beer, and good enough food. Nothing in the village. I have to agree, home at the Sagamore will have the best food. Too bad the Tequila thing has not caught on up here yet. East Cove and Georges have good steaks but car access only. Enjoy! North end is nicest.

MDonziM
08-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks pismo, any chance of seeing you out there? What color is you're 22?

Dr. Dan
08-15-2006, 07:06 PM
:spongebob Well I know you're going in a few days...but if ya come back the weekend after Labor Day the best Hang out will be Specker Hecht Island(spelling) site of the Lake George Donzi Picnic. Tons of Donzis and some serious grub and beverages!

The Algonquin has some incredible Burgers... there Char Grilled Burgers are really like Steak! I have to endorse McGowens for Breakfast... just South of the Treasure Cove and Capri Village ...next to the "Pot Belly Deli"...and speaking of Delis...the Pot Belly is a great convenient place for the days fixins...& supplies.

Outside of Performance Marine is Freds(Bolton Landing)... also kinda fun for Breakfast... and I enjoy the Italian at ??? whats the name of the restaurant in Bolton we all go to eat a good meal...not the Sagamore? Linda's? or something? Same side as Freds...little green awnings out front if I recall. Good Wine and Good Service!

I love Lake George... there are many places... just not so many on the water.

Good Luck....

Doc of Conspicuous Consumption :beer:

MDonziM
08-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks Dr. Dan

Pismo, just saw you're stats (red) like my 94'. Just the mention of tequila and my reading comp dipped.

Looking foward to LG, sounds great. Hopefully have some pics to post next week.

Bob
08-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Dr. Dan is trying to come up with Cate's-great pizza and Italian with LG photos also very cold beer. We also had some great meals at the Lakeside- both are in Bolton Landing.