PDA

View Full Version : Stiletto 15

Donziweasel
08-14-2006, 06:36 PM
I tried my new Stiletto 15 pitch this weekend. As some of you know, I am fighting the "high altitude blues". Finally got the RPM's in the 4300 range which is good. The bad thing was that the prop just didn't feel right, especially running under 35 mph with the boat trimmed down. Hard to explain the feeling, but it just felt like the boat was plowing and did not feel smooth. I also lost top end with a GPS speed of 45.2 blistering mph. The 19 pitch Vengence wouldn't run above 4000 rpm's, but felt much better below 35 with the boat trimmed down and ran 48.3.

All this doesn't really matter in the long run, as I started pulling the engine today to install the new cam, heads, intake and carb. I am learning that my 16 doesn't have s**t for room under the hatch for removing an engine. I have a few scraped knuckles and I would have made a sailor blush if he had heard what I was yelling in my shop. The drive is off, exhaust off, working on front of the engine now. Hoping this will cure my "high altitude blues". Still, I am wondering why the 15 prop felt so funny.

Thanks ROOTSY for the info on pulling the engine, everything is going fine so far.