PDA

View Full Version : larger than 31" props?

glashole
08-14-2006, 07:03 AM
has anyone ever seen or heard of props for a blackhawk drive that are larger than the 31's

like maybe 35's??? :bonk:

Woodsy
08-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Nope...

Mercury only produced 27P, 29P and 31P props. No doubt there were some test props in various configurations that were made but never released to the public. I do know of at least one propshop that modified a set of 31P props into 32P.

Most people with high HP Blackhawk setups regear the drive to 1:36 and spin the heck out of thier props..

Woodsy

roadtrip se
08-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Gero has info for a guy down in Oklahoma that can do anything you want for BH stuff, but it will cost. Something like $2k a pair. He does have several test sets that you can try. I can get you the info if you want it, Shane.

You get much over 450HP spinning through a BH drive, which would necessitate bigger pitch props, get ready to start customizing a lot more than props.

I would go the Woodsy route first.

Dr. Dan
08-14-2006, 03:34 PM
:spongebob
Gero has info for a guy down in Oklahoma that can do anything you want for BH stuff, but it will cost. Something like $2k a pair. He does have several test sets that you can try. I can get you the info if you want it, Shane.
You get much over 450HP spinning through a BH drive, which would necessitate bigger pitch props, get ready to start customizing a lot more than props.
I would go the Woodsy route first.

:smash: Hey You Texas Leaving,Shrimp Cookin, Myco Trailer Destroyin, Tornado dodging Yankee...his name is "Shea" like in "What the Shea Dude?"

I now return you to your previous arrogant program!:beer:

Anonymous :spongebob

glashole
08-14-2006, 04:29 PM
It is actually Shea but I have been called many worse things before:)

the question is actually coming a little early as i am having a new motor installed in the boat for the end of the week approx. 500HP and was pondering the thought that I could probably go to larger props when this is done after some sea trials

anyways we'll see how it works and decide from there

I am checking into the gear ratio of the drive tonight

thanks for the info

undertaker
08-14-2006, 07:54 PM
NICE!!!!:eek!: :eek!: Keep us posted on how she runs after the sea trail.. Post some pics of the new engine when you get a chance....please:yes: :yes: :) :)

Undertaker

roadtrip se
08-14-2006, 09:34 PM
:spongebob
:smash: Hey You Texas Leaving,Shrimp Cookin, Myco Trailer Destroyin, Tornado dodging Yankee...his name is "Shea" like in "What the Shea Dude?"
I now return you to your previous arrogant program!:beer:
Anonymous :spongebob

Shane? Must be watching too many westerns lately or something. Sorry Shea...

"Keeper of the lucky rabbit foot..."

Mr X
08-14-2006, 10:04 PM
OUCH!
Can't ya just feel the love......

roadtrip se
08-15-2006, 11:03 AM
:smash: :propeller :propeller
He may be a schmuck, but he's well on his way to roosterin your tornado magnet butt :) :)
Anonymous..
Slow, but in the lead :D :D

Geez, this forum needs a good moderator, anybody want to volunteer?: :smash: :shocking: :hyper:

Shea or Doc, not sure who is throwing a rooster my way, but I welcome the opportunity to see it happen.

Now, where the heck were we on this completely de-railed thread?

Twin roosters from AOTH below as caught by Trueser...

roadtrip se
08-15-2006, 11:14 AM
OUCH!
Can't ya just feel the love......

I like to think of it as tough love...

Mr X
08-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I like to think of it as tough love...

Now that would definatly explain a few things over the last 5 years! :bonk:

glashole
08-16-2006, 01:37 PM
motor is now at the engine builder's shop to be prepped for installation Friday am. :hyper:
they have to install the intake etc and install the marine gaskets, camshaft etc...

friday night can't come fast enough

Mr X
08-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Please keep us posted on how it performs.
I have several new Blackhawk gear sets and drives in various ratios if you need to change.

glashole
08-22-2006, 07:11 AM
new motor before install

motor is in just setting the timing and clearing old codes from the electrical and it ready to be broken in :hyper: