PDA

View Full Version : Living in Wild Kingdom

Cuda
08-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Yesterday, there was an owl perched over the canal out back. A squirrel came out, and Deb and I figured he didn't see the owl, and was about to become breakfast. The squirrel went right close to the owl, and the owl did try to catch him, but couldn't. Finally, the owl flew a little farther down the canal, and damned if the squirrel didn't follow him. I figure the squirrel must have had a nest there somewhere, and was trying to distract the owl from getting the babies.

Cuda
08-13-2006, 01:23 PM
This morning, I sat down in my chair, and pulled up the blinds. There were 17 wild turkeys in the yard. :)

vonkamp
08-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Wow. We get the same stuff here as well.
Owl in my boathouse, Turkeys in next door neighbors back yard.

Cuda
08-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Wow. We get the same stuff here as well.
Owl in my boathouse, Turkeys in next door neighbors back yard.
It's really pretty up there around Green Cove too. We're not working too far from there this week. We're doing a new McDonald's on Hwy 210, a couple miles off the interstate.

catch 22
08-14-2006, 04:47 PM
After the weekend my Dad and I had I was pulling for the Owl. When I was up at my folks place for the Little Lake Harris weekend get together we went back to the house Suday and parked the boats. We left to come home Monday night and my radio and cruise control was not working. Tuesday morning I was cleaning my truck and opened the hood to see what was going on. I noticed that the insulation on the fire wall was half gone, but did'nt think to much about it. My dad called me Tuesday night and told me that I better take a closer look under the hood. He told me when he went to move his truck it would barely run. He opened the hood to see what was going on and a Squirrel came flying out. The squirrel ate 3 of his fuel injection wires. I went back out and check under the hood of my truck and he was responsible for the insulation, the cruise control and the radio. I was able to fix the two wires he ate on the wiring harrness but the radio still wouldn't work. I took it to the Chevy dealer Saturday and come to find out the squirrel ate my antenna cable. 505.00 later I have tunes. I have heard that squirrels taste like chicken. Is this true? :mad: :banghead:

Cuda
08-14-2006, 05:41 PM
I have heard that squirrels taste like chicken. Is this true? :mad: :banghead:
We call 'em tree rats. I've eat a few. The males are much tougher. Once we shot 15 of them, and 12 were males. :(