PDA

View Full Version : A NEW thread, Saga of the Blue B....

onesubdrvr
08-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Anyway,

In the next couple of weeks, I'll be bringing my boat up from Miami to start some work

Step 1 will be deck off, tank replacement, stringer repair, and transom inspection - if the transom needs work, it's getting filled and cut for a new style Volvo drive. If the transom is solid, the 280T will be re-built / re-furbished and will go back on. Nice re-finish of the bilge.

Now, I'm not fortunate enough to have my own shop, so the glass work is getting done by a professional, otherwise, I'd give it a shot. I went by and saw his shop / work, and am pretty impressed with the quality of his work,.....his shop and air compressor could use some work though :wink:

The engine will be a 350 mag MPI - stock, except for exhaust which I'm planning on a stainless marine system. Also, before this goes in, new bilge pump / etc. New wiring harness, etc. Also, may make some provisions for future engine work. Engine will need all the "auxiliaries", starter, raw water pump, etc.

Then, everything goes together, the boat get's run (in the water), and then FINALLY the boat will come home, where I'll do all the exterior refinishing, updating of the gauges / hardware. I'll make do with the trailer for a while (until I replenish the $fund$), then aluminim,....I'd really like to go dual axel, but we'll have to see what fits in the garage.

I'm going to do all the exterior sanding / filling / sanding / priming, and give painting the hull a shot, if I don't do a good job, it'll go back to my glass guy who paints a pretty nice boat too. Colors to remain top secret until done :yes: (read I haven't decided whether I'm gonna leave it blue, or if I'm going to change it to the super secret color scheme)

I'm looking forward to the project, and will try to shoot some pictures as it progresses.

Thanks
Wayne

gcarter
08-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Ditto what Jamie said.

Poodle, I had some of those nasty old carbon steel threaded rods till I threw them away a few weeks ago. SST looks so much nicer!!

onesubdrvr
08-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks guys,

It's been a long time coming, and will still take a while, I'm shooting for the Angel Aid poker run next year (my agressive goal), or the HomeTown Ralley (my not so agressive goal).

I'm sure I'll be calling on lots of expertise, hey where do I get this, etc. :wink: , how would you do this,.....thanks for the offers.

I'm still extremely indebted to Sweet 16 1966 (Russ), for ALL the effort he made to get the darn boat to me :yes: , and Poodle for storing it there for 8 months + now :yes:

See y'all later!
Wayne