PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Guitar

Paddington
08-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Whow would be cool to get one of these.

Barry Eller
08-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Whow would be cool to get one of these.
Gibson only made 100 of those Les Pauls. I also would love to have one!!

Craig
08-13-2006, 07:29 AM
But can you play?
:-)

Sam
08-14-2006, 12:21 PM
One of my good friend’s brother works for Gibson and coordinates all the special edition / one of a kind guitars. He was over last weekend and noticed my Donzi and said “Oh yeh, we made a few Donzi Guitars but they never got much attention".

Paddington
08-14-2006, 01:24 PM
So do they have a few around still then or? hehe
And no I cant play but my wife does play.

vonkamp
08-14-2006, 03:24 PM
I have seen them show up on ebay before.
Very cooool:yes:

Craig
08-15-2006, 11:23 AM
I think they're way cool!

Cuda
08-15-2006, 08:44 PM
I can barely play the radio. :(

glashole
08-18-2006, 11:26 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/BRAND-NEW-Music-Gibson-DONZI-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ300017095064QQihZ020QQcategoryZ330 40QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Barry Eller
08-18-2006, 11:46 AM
But can you play?
:-)

Yes I can. I play a Yamaha 12 string acoustic. I've been told I play well.

Barry Eller
08-18-2006, 09:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/BRAND-NEW-Music-Gibson-DONZI-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ300017095064QQihZ020QQcategoryZ330 40QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
These are fake copies of the real "DONZI LES PAUL". A real Les Paul starts at over $1000.00 and the sky is the limit. Most "nice" Les Pauls are around $3000.00.

However, I ordered one of these "FAKES", because I wanted one. Cost including shipping from China was $372.00. It may just a nice decoration or it may play OK, who knows!! Anyone have any "Rolex" watches for sale?:cool: :pimp: :yes:

SurfGreenTele
08-18-2006, 09:46 PM

Chinese copy. I'm surprised they made one of it. Not bad, although the binding should be white, not cream, and the Donzi logo is crooked. :D

SurfGreenTele
08-18-2006, 09:49 PM
These are fake copies of the real "DONZI LES PAUL". A real Les Paul starts at over $1000.00 and the sky is the limit. Most "nice" Les Pauls are around $3000.00.
However, I ordered one of these "FAKES", because I wanted one. Cost including shipping from China was $372.00. It may just a nice decoration or it may play OK, who knows!! Anyone have any "Rolex" watches for sale?:cool: :pimp: :yes:

Yeah, you never know. The cheapies can play really well sometimes, and sound great after a pickup swap. Either way, it's cool to have without dropping Gibson $$$. :cool:

Craig
08-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey - shouldn't a "copy" of a "DONZI LES PAUL" be
a "COBALT LES PAUL"? :wink:

Seriously, I'm surprised they did that and actually put Gibson on the headstock.

Gibson has the "Epiphone" line to do less pricey versions of many of their guitars, but usually if a Japanese (or Chinese or Indoesian, etc.) copy is done, they have a totally different name and some minor differences.

You know, like there's 8 million companies that make a "Strat" or "Tele" copies, but if they're not Fenders (for example), they don't have the Fender logo on the guitar. That's really wierd.

Hey "Surf Green Tele" -- nice name! I love Surf Green Tele's! They is cool!

I'm a Tele nut. I have a red Fender '62 Custom reissue, a creme Custom '72 that is NOT a reissue, and a sort of "home made from pieces and parts" Tele with EMG Strat pickups. My son has a Tele Contemporary (with 2 tapped humbuckers - pretty cool and well built 80's Japanese guitar) and, probably the best guitar in the house (even though I'm a Tele fanatic) is his 50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat (sunburst). That thing is really sweet!

pmreed
08-18-2006, 10:35 PM
I had a Silvertone (Sears) acoustic when I was in high school. I guess the guys in the next room didn't appreciate my playing; I found it one day on the floor in many pieces:smash: . No huge loss; I only paid $5 for it used.

Phil

SurfGreenTele
08-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey - shouldn't a "copy" of a "DONZI LES PAUL" be
a "COBALT LES PAUL"? :wink:
Seriously, I'm surprised they did that and actually put Gibson on the headstock.
Gibson has the "Epiphone" line to do less pricey versions of many of their guitars, but usually if a Japanese (or Chinese or Indoesian, etc.) copy is done, they have a totally different name and some minor differences.
You know, like there's 8 million companies that make a "Strat" or "Tele" copies, but if they're not Fenders (for example), they don't have the Fender logo on the guitar. That's really wierd.
Hey "Surf Green Tele" -- nice name! I love Surf Green Tele's! They is cool!
I'm a Tele nut. I have a red Fender '62 Custom reissue, a creme Custom '72 that is NOT a reissue, and a sort of "home made from pieces and parts" Tele with EMG Strat pickups. My son has a Tele Contemporary (with 2 tapped humbuckers - pretty cool and well built 80's Japanese guitar) and, probably the best guitar in the house (even though I'm a Tele fanatic) is his 50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat (sunburst). That thing is really sweet!

Awesome man! I love parts-casters. My Tele is made from Warmoth parts, with Bill Lawrence pickups, and my Strat is a Mexican Fender body with an Allparts neck (soon to be swapped to a Warmoth neck), and DiMarzio pickups.

Here's a few pics of the Surf Green Tele and the Strat. Today I actually just swapped out the Tele's modern bridge to a vintage compensated brass 3 saddle. It has a little more twang now. :D

Oh, about the Gibson copies - there seem to be a lot of these Chinese copies popping up on Ebay with the Gibson logo and even a fake serial #. And sadly, some sellers are trying to pass them off as real Gibsons - like in this auction. I hope the winner didn't actually pay for this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-les-paul-custom-alphine-%20%20white_W0QQitemZ120019057244

Craig
08-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Surf Green,
Those are some sweet looking geetars! My "parts-caster" (I like that) with the EMG strat pickups has a Warmoth neck that I ordered many years ago trying to get a close feel to a Les Paul neck (by the dimensions I ordered). It's different, but I now kinda prefer the feel of my Fender necks. Especially the one on that Strat of my son's. It has one of the nicest playing necks I've ever had the pleasure of playing.
That's interesting about the Gibsons. You're right about those prices being awful high if it's not 1) a real Gibson and 2) not really a great instrument.
The Gibson I'd like to have right now is the current Les Paul Deluxe (with the mini humbuckers). I've always liked those and recenlty read (Musician's Friend catalog article) that if you're more of a single coil (i.e. Fender player), that the mini humbuckers in the Deluxe is a nice choice for being able to switch guitars (Les Paul to your favorite Fender) without messing with a lot of changes to your amp settings. Still, gives you the nice humbucker sound options, but w/o changing settings. Something I'd never really thought about.
I hate to say something like this, being that music is about "sound not sight" (contrary to popular opinion), but I have always "partly" been attracted to the LP Deluxe because I think it looks cool with the mini's. Oh well, I guess that's why I like Surf Green Tele's too! :)

Here's one I really like too. The Amer. Deluxe Fender Tele. If I could snap my fingers right now and have a new "axe" this would be it (I think). It has the SCN pickups with a very useable push-boost on the volume pot and the neck is on par with my son's Strat's neck which I'm becoming increasingly fond of. I hope I don't put the first nick on it!

SurfGreenTele
08-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks man, glad you like them. And you aren't the only one who likes the look of guitars. People on the guitar forums I visit are obsessed with looks. :D Oh yeah, I love that Am. Deluxe Tele. I also read that Musicians Friend article on the LP Deluxes - they look really sweet, I'd like to try one out sometime.

What kind of amps do you use? I just got the new Fender Supersonic - this thing rocks. It has Fender cleans, and the drive of a hot rodded Marshall. :) I also have a Peavey Classic 30, very nice little tube combo. And here's my "shredder" guitar, although I can't shred for the life of me... It's a JS1200 Satriani sig model which is amazing.

Craig
08-19-2006, 02:06 PM
I am "Surf Green" with envy! My amp collection is kinda weak (but not too too bad).

I've got a small Fender practice amp (Champion 110, I think) that actually sounds pretty good, just not a lot of amp (I think it's 25 watts). Then I have an older Crate 80 watt amp with a Celestion 12." Again, not too bad. At least it has some power, but still solid state.

My last little amp is cool. It's a GA-5 Gibson Skylark tube amp from way, way, way back. Again small wattage, but it sounds cool. Just two 1/4" inputs, a volume knob and an on/off switch. Pretty nice for recording and practice if miked.

I go to music shops and druel occassionally over Fender tube amps. There's a few I like, but I always forget the exact names. One is the DeVille something or something DeVille (Is it Blues DeVille, or Hot Rod DeVille? I forget). Anyway, they're awesome sounding.

The little 30W Peavey you mentioned you have, I've played. They're pretty nice too. I gotta get a new amp!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Marshalls are very cool, but I think I'd go for a Fender tube of some kind. Or maybe a VOX AC30. One things for sure, theres a lot more out there to pick from than even 10 years ago. I think I like Fender amps and Tele's because I'm kind of a country rock "sounding" player (for lack of a better description). Also like acoustics - fingerstyle junk. I've got an early 80's Ovation Legend that I really have loved and got a lot of use from. Also have a Peavey acoustic amp with 100 watts but sound is never very satisfying. However, my Ovation ran straight through a nice sound system is really nice!

SurfGreenTele
08-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Yeah, there are so many cool amps out there now...I want something different every week. Those old GA-5s are great from what I've heard.

Don't be too envious, at least you have a nice boat! :shades: Who knows when I'll be able to afford one that I like...:boggled:

Barry Eller
08-19-2006, 07:25 PM
OK Craig and Surfgreen Tele, I've ordered the Chop Suey Donzi Guitar but I don't have a amp. I "Baby Sat" a friends Gibson SG and Marshall Valvestar amp for 6 mos. and that spoiled me after playing my Oak tree necked Yamaha 12 string. I'm not going to need a lot of amp but I want something to be able to play the fake Les Paul and possibly put a mike or what is it called a Piezo(?)pickup to play the 12 string.

I'm not opposed to used equipment either. There are several guitar shops in my area.

My music preferences are Jimmy Buffett and Classic Rock. I finger pick a 12 string very well. Rhythm style, but not too much into "Lead Runs",yet. Lead runs hard on a 12 string.

My Donzi is a 1993 Yellow striped 22 Classic. Original power was 454 HO OMC King Cobra. I re-powered this year with a 502/470 HP.

Surfgreen, I hope you get the Donzi of your dreams soon!

Barry

SurfGreenTele
08-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks Barry. :) Any more pics of your Donzi? The 502 must be sweet.

As for amps, if you want something really versatile and great for home use, check out the Vox AD30VT. It's a modelling amp, so you can pretty much get any sound you want out of it - from Fender cleans, to Vox chime, to Marshall crunch and more. Built in effects too. A professional producer/engineer on a music forum I go to records with one regularly, and his tone is amazing.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959

The Roland Cube 30 is another nice one, similar to the Vox, but a little more simple.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30-1x10-30W-with-COSM-and-EFX-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480023

And if you need really loud, there's the Vox AD50VT, and Cube 60.

Craig
08-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Barry,

Surf Green Tele speaks the truth... hey wait; I sounded like Sitting Bull there for a minute!

There are endless choices with amps. SGT named some nice options. Depends largely on what you want it for. Modeling amps (and I think there are even small lower cost ones now) offer an interesting possibility of being able (maybe) to get a decent sound for your new electric and the 12 string.

Did you say you do finger on the 12 string? That sounds harder than playing lead on a 12 string to me. There are guys in the bluegrass world that are lightening fast on mandolins with double strings and a pick (much like a 12 string), but the finger picking, any time I've tried it on a 12 stringer, doesn't seem to go so well. I'm thinking because there's not enough space to get your fingers between strings, whereas a pick is much smaller. I had a 12 string once; always sorry I got rid of it. They do sound cool.

Let us know how the Les Paul plays when you get it. I'm curious. With the Donzi stuff on it, if it's not a great "playing" instrument, like you said, for the price, it'll make a nice conversation piece at the very least.:cool:

Barry Eller
08-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks Barry. :) Any more pics of your Donzi? The 502 must be sweet.
As for amps, if you want something really versatile and great for home use, check out the Vox AD30VT. It's a modelling amp, so you can pretty much get any sound you want out of it - from Fender cleans, to Vox chime, to Marshall crunch and more. Built in effects too. A professional producer/engineer on a music forum I go to records with one regularly, and his tone is amazing.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959
The Roland Cube 30 is another nice one, similar to the Vox, but a little more simple.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30-1x10-30W-with-COSM-and-EFX-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480023
And if you need really loud, there's the Vox AD50VT, and Cube 60.
Thanks for the information. I'll check the amps out at Musicians Friend. I have surfed their site many times. I covet the Gibson Double Neck SG that Jimmy Page played. I'm thinking of buying the Epiphone version. The Chinese make a copy of the Double Neck, but one "Roladex" is enough. I wanted the Donzi copy for all the wrong reasons. That is why I enjoy life!! For all the wrong reasons! Just kidding, but I am a "Happy Person", and I appreciate all the good things I have to be thankful for.
SurfGreen, I have photos all over this Registry. Click on my name,(I am one of the few that has my real name posted) an click find all threads by Barry Eller. I post photos a lot. I am a old school photographer(amateur). I use a old Cannon AE1 Program 35 MM SLR, for any thing I want a good picture of, and a Cannon PowerShot A620 Digital, 7.1 Mega Pixels mostly now because of the, how should I say, lazy;easy;etc. I also use my Motorola Razor when I have too! Here is a one handed shot I took of my instrument panel on my Donzi while driving with my right hand off the throttle and on the steering wheel. I still had 200 more RPM's left!!

Craig
08-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Barry and SGT,

Figured I'd post a couple bad pics of my guitars (and 2 of my son's - Strat and Black Tele). Just took 'em with a really old digital camera. Barry - I've got 2 old 35 mm's that I liked a lot, but both quit working and I've never had them fixed. Now I've been banished to a 3.5 floppy Dino-digital and whatever I can get out of a box camera. The pics I posted of me in my boat the other day were taken with a friend's nice digital.

Briefly on the guitars -- the Strat, Yellow Tele, and Ovation are "Americans" while the Black and the Red Tele are both Japanese. Actually, both of the Japanese Tele's are pretty sweet guitars too.

The Yellow Tele is the oldest, a '72 Tele Custom. These are starting to bring some good prices.

Oh, I didn't kill anyone on the backyard' that's "rusty red" paint overspray from painting an old boat gas tank. No, really... the only thing dead in my back yard is the grass!

Sorry about the bad quality pics; just wanted to show off my guitars!

Barry - Your 22 looks sharp!

Barry Eller
08-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi my guitar buds,
It's 95+ degrees here in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Heat index around 107.

I'm inside with my wife and two dogs, drinking Margaritas, watching NASCAR, playing on the computer. The Donzi is in the carport, being warmed(from a distance) by the Weber Grill, Two 1.5 lbs U.S.D.A."Choice" Rib Eyes, brushed with Dale's Sauce, (a Birmingham, Al., Famous in the South, Steakhouse, gone public with its marinade) ready to scorch. A bottle of Beaujolais-Villages to wash it down with.

I have two other guitars that I haven't played in almost 40 years. I took lessons for about two months when I was 14 years old. That taught me how to tune a guitar. I plunked at it until I was 17,got my first car and discovered girls. I did not play again until my nephew gave me the Yamaha 12 string 5 years ago, someone in his church gave it to him and he couldn't learn to play on it. My sister and brother in law bought him a 6 string acoustic and he gave me the 12 string. I hadn't played a guitar since I was 17 years old, I challenged myself, and after playing for 5 years now, self taught, can't read music, but can read pictures of chords, learning to read tab, I'm shocking myself and others with my finger picking a 12 string. Most everything I play, I don't use a pick much,mostly thumb and fingers. Self taught, I have developed my own "weird" style.

Margarita rambling, excuse me please. The other guitars I have, no photos available on my computer, I have some I could scan, are a mid 60's Sears Silvertone acoustic, and a mid sixties Kingston 3 pickup Strat copy. I understand in some circles these could be worth a lot of money. The Kingston electric still has strings from 1969. I was born in 1952.

Craig, the Sunburst Strat looks like my Cousin's 57 Strat!!

Craig
08-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Barry,

You mean they actually write music; like on paper? :wink:

I'll bet at least 75% of guitar players can't read music. Probably why guitar is so popular.

Your old guitars sound cool. Yes, I hear folks talk about Silvertones as being somewhat collectible and probably the Kingston too.

That's cool you got back into playing after a number of years. I often think if I hadn't got into it a lot when I was younger, I wouldn't have time now even though I do play a lot now! I just don't think it would go well if I was just starting at this point. Life just seems to get busier all the time.

It's pretty hot here (Maryland) too. Haven't checked the temp, but it's in the 90's I guess. I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Won't be long before I'm firing up the ole' wood stove!

Craig

pmreed
08-20-2006, 07:50 PM
You guys gotta be jerking my chain about the Silvertone. That one of mine that was smashed would have been a '62 or earlier, since it met it's end in '62.

Phil:)

Barry Eller
08-20-2006, 08:14 PM
You guys gotta be jerking my chain about the Silvertone. That one of mine that was smashed would have been a '62 or earlier, since it met it's end in '62.
Phil:)

No, I'm not jerking your chain!! Old Silvertones, and a lot of old Japanese made guitars mostly made in the 60's were made by Teisco Guitars in Japan. Some are highly sought after collectors items. They made Silvertone and many other "Cheap Guitars" ,under many names in the 60's.
They are worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

SurfGreenTele
08-20-2006, 09:33 PM
*Yawn* I'm tired, I had a good day of sailing today, except the second race didn't go so well...but was fun either way. :)

Awesome Donzi Barry, I'll check out your other pics too. And very sweet guits Craig. I love the '72 Custom.

I also have a Martin DM acoustic, and a classical. I studied classical guitar for 3 years in college, but now I'm too hooked on electric to dedicate enough time to classical. I really could use lessons to develop my lead skills more.

Here's a link to a couple of tunes I recorded, if you guys are interested. Excuse the sloppy playing. :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=150936

Surfer
08-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Guys, couldn't resist guitar talk, attached, the first Donzi Paul that I got to play at the dealer meeting in 2002. I'm a strat guy, and it played real heavy, but the fit and finish was beautiful. I missed the post on the knockoff, the bid ended with no picture. Are there Copy Donzi Pauls available, if so where, or just Les Paul copies. By the way "Voyages" sounds real nice I'm mostly into instrumental guitar, and can hear your classical background come to life with the electric.

SurfGreenTele
08-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Guys, couldn't resist guitar talk, attached, the first Donzi Paul that I got to play at the dealer meeting in 2002. I'm a strat guy, and it played real heavy, but the fit and finish was beautiful. I missed the post on the knockoff, the bid ended with no picture. Are there Copy Donzi Pauls available, if so where, or just Les Paul copies. By the way "Voyages" sounds real nice I'm mostly into instrumental guitar, and can hear your classical background come to life with the electric.

Thanks a lot man, glad you liked it. I listen to a lot of instrumental guitar too. I really dig Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Vai, Eric Johnson, Robin Trower, Jeff Beck, Mark Knopfler, Roy Buchanan, Don Ross, Julian Bream, to name a few. Although they aren't all completely instrumental, so
I should say guitar driven/dominated music. :)

Here's the link for the Donzi LP copies: http://cgi.ebay.ca/BRAND-NEW-Music-Gibson-DONZI-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ300017095064

Craig
08-22-2006, 05:14 PM
SGT (Or should I say "Jim O"?),

I too listened to "Voyages" -- Very Cool. I like the drop D stuff.

Hey you're not the famous "Jim O" Tele player, are you?

Surfer - I like the pic of the "Don Paul" (I made that up myself - Wow).

SGT - Are you playing the Tele on Voyages? It sounds like it on the rhythm stuff, but the soloing sounds more like humbuckers. All sounds very nice.

That's a pretty cool site. I'lll have to check it out more when I have more time!

Hey, you left Danny Gatton out of your list of great instrumental geetarists!!:yes: He was something else!

SurfGreenTele
08-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh yeah, Gatton was awesome!

I am Jim O the Tele player, but definitely not famous haha...:D

Yup, that was all Tele. I recorded using a POD XT Live, and used a pretty thick sounding patch for the leads. The Bill Lawrence pickups in there are very versatile, and do well even with higher gain stuff. You may also have noticed I was using an Ebow for some of the lead parts.

Craig
08-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Really - you had an Ebow in there. I'm gonna have to listen again. Those are very cool. I think I know when I'm hearing one (most of the time). :)

Now I'm gonna show my age. I looked at your site the other day and gathered you are 27 or 29 or thereabouts? I'm 44, so now you know - I'm one of them "old" guitar players!:boggled:

Anyway, clarified that because you may or may not be familiar with this guy. Do you remember an artist in the 70's named Gerry Rafferty? He did a neat album called "City to City" that had a couple hits like "Baker Street", etc. I think there's an Ebow in the beginning of that song that leads into a cool saxaphone line.

I think Jerry Rafferty was actually in a couple old groups like Steeler's Wheel (Stuck In th Middle With You) and Bachman Turner Over Drive (Taking Care of Business) before he did his own stuff. Of course all that music is as old as dirt now.

One of my old guitar buds used to call B.T.O. "Bachman Turkey Overweight"!

Also there's an awesome (with only 9 fingers!) player named Phil Keaggy that uses one a lot too. A great electric and acoustic player that does a lot of instrumental stuff. Alas, he's old too.:wink:

The "Jim O" I was kidding about was Jimmy Olander - the country player behind all of Diamond Rio's stuff. He's a real interesting player that uses a B-bender to death. Those are kinda cool, and fun to fool with.

I saw Danny Gatton once before he sadly comitted suicide. He was an amazing player.

Wow, didn't mean to ramble. Too late!

SurfGreenTele
08-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Yup I'm 27.

I dig Gerry Rafferty, great voice and songwriting. Bachman Turkey Overweight haha. :D Randy Bachman is a good geetar player.

I've heard of Jimmy Olander and Diamond Rio mentioned on www.tdpri.com quite a bit, but never actually listened to them. Speaking of Teles and b-bending, check out these vids of Jerry Donahue. He's a master of behind the nut bends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKg8SOWIzSE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dOir-_LSFY

Surfer
08-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Surfgreen, thanks for the link, the guitar looks good enough to hang on the wall. A couple of my favorites are way under the radar, check out Gary Hoey, Dave Allen, Dick Dale, all in the surf guitar vein. This is our little band,

www.cutbacksurfband.com

we are working on a new site, and the wave files on there are about five years old. We have a new original CD "Hang Six" available on Tower Records, but have been real bad / lazy about updating the wedsite. the band gets us into allot of marine / surf industry parties and functions, and the music works real well when flying a classic, when you can't really hear the lyrics anyway.

I used to work for the guy that founded "Office Depot", and did five dates with Randy Bachman when Office Depot bought "Takin Care of Business" yes a rather large guy, but real cool.

SurfGreenTele
08-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Cool man, I love surf guitar. It's a style that I really want to work on, but haven't really put any time into yet. I know Hoey and Dale, but I'm not sure if I've heard Dave Allen. I'll definitely check out your band's site!

You should enjoy this vid, it's a very young Dick Dale on Ed Sullivan: http://dogsdoom.com/PI/dickdale.wmv Right click and save. :cool:

Surfer
08-24-2006, 07:45 AM
That video was very cool, thanks for that. How did you just happen to have it?

SurfGreenTele
08-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Somebody posted it on the Harmony Central forums a while back. I'm not sure of the exact origin though.