PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Donzi 22 Classic 454/500hp

ITTLFLI
08-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, My father has reached his retirement age and wants to move some of his boats!
1986 Donzi 22 Classic, 454/500hp, Bravo Drive with 2" raised x dimension, Gil Exhaust, Gafrig monster gauges, Sony Explode stereo with 4 speakers, Heavy duty Tandem trailer with brakes......16,700 or best offer!
Spins a 25 pitch mirage prop to 5400 right now! You do the math for speed!!:wink:
Byron
513-470-8480
itllfli@fuse.net

wrussellw
08-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Can you send a few more pictures of the dash, some close-up of hull and stern would be nice , thanks

Lenny
08-12-2006, 02:34 PM
85.227 MPH before slip :D assuming 1.5's ...

ITTLFLI
08-17-2006, 09:47 AM
I have had lots of interest but nobody ready to pull the trigger!

It will be going on ebay soon! Make an offer!:boat:

Andy McCarty
08-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Is this boat located in Cincy. OH? Could you send more pictures. You can email to andy@taper.com

Thanks

ITTLFLI
08-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Is this boat located in Cincy. OH? Could you send more pictures. You can email to andy@taper.com
Thanks

My father, the owner lives in Cincinnati. The boat is kept at lake cumberland. It will make its way up here to Cincy after labor day or if someone needs to have it this weekend!:wink:

Pics are on way!:)

Tony
08-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Not that I don't trust Lenny's math, but what is the real life top end on this beast? Looks like a very nice package, at a very fair price!

Russ, this boat has your name written all over it!

ITTLFLI
08-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Tony,

We are not sure. The only time he has used it the last 2 years is at AOTH!

I will say that from a seat of the pants feel it is right at 80mph +/- :cool!: The year before last when my starter went out at AOTH I rode with him for a while. I think he chased down most of the boats at AOTH except the procharged critter with 4 people in it and a cooler :wink:

roadtrip se
08-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Tony,
We are not sure. The only time he has used it the last 2 years is at AOTH!
I will say that from a seat of the pants feel it is right at 80mph +/- :cool!: The year before last when my starter went out at AOTH I rode with him for a while. I think he chased down most of the boats at AOTH except the procharged critter with 4 people in it and a cooler :wink:

Through some creative driving, cutting corners tighter than I did and the like, he did go by me, but I would not say he "chased me down" at AOTH 4. I think the ambush'em as you come up on them must be a family driving technique.

:smash: :shocking: :smash: :shocking:

He did run really dang good though... I would say 76-77.

ITTLFLI
08-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Through some creative driving, cutting corners tighter than I did and the like, he did go by me, but I would not say he "chased me down" at AOTH 4. I think the ambush'em as you come up on them must be a family driving technique.

:)

:propeller

Dr. Dan
08-22-2006, 06:14 PM

:spongebob So why is every boat that challenges you always one to two miles per hour slower than your regularly posted speed range?

It is possible that this boat is in fact faster than you, me and alot of boats....as far as creative driving....ahhhh I think you might be able to give a lesson or two in that subject there....Mr. Rooster Tail.

Doc the Antagonist....:beer:

wrussellw
08-22-2006, 06:33 PM
man is this tempting???

sweet 16 1966
08-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Nice ride. I would like to see more pics though! Not sure its the right time for me - got a few other things which are getting in the way.

Tony, how is your 22 doing? Still remember the ride!

ITTLFLI
08-22-2006, 09:56 PM
I am out of town until 8/24. I should be able to post addtional pics this weekend(8/26).

Byron

ITTLFLI
08-22-2006, 10:03 PM
please send more pics to me also.
lakeplay@swbell.net
love the lines of these classics but not sure if its big enough for where i boat.
never been in one or even seen one up close. how do they handle rough water? does he use it when cumberland gets busy?
great looking boat!

He does not use it other than AOTH in the spring. He has a cruiser he uses to keep mom and the dogs happy!:wink: These 22s are sweet! I use a 22 every holiday weekend at cumberland and does fine! In fact you can surprise quite a few people with the performance of these fine machines:eek!: This one did me:tongue: For their size and wieght, I would take them up against anything in its class. They will walk away from baja's, checkmates, pachangas, ect with same power in rough water.

Thanks!

Byron
seller of "76-77 mph 22":wink:

Dr. Dan
08-23-2006, 06:30 AM
:spongebob Byron...whats the Bravo Drive Ratio? A 1.5 with 10% Slip yields about 76mph...a 1.35 with 10% yields 85.6 MPH...so this could be a fun boat... for sure...

Just curious....I have a friend who is affected with Donzi Desease...and wants a 22.... he races AC Cobras in his other life.... so he is a horsepower junky.

Doc
The Good Son :bonk: :wavey:

ITTLFLI
08-23-2006, 08:05 AM
:spongebob Byron...whats the Bravo Drive Ratio? A 1.5 with 10% Slip yields about 76mph...a 1.35 with 10% yields 85.6 MPH...so this could be a fun boat... for sure...
Just curious....I have a friend who is affected with Donzi Desease...and wants a 22.... he races AC Cobras in his other life.... so he is a horsepower junky.
Doc
The Good Son :bonk: :wavey:

The bravo is a 1.5 as far as I know. I can confirm this weekend when I get home.

Jerry Eisele
08-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Doc, Can you chip in on a rear veiw mirror for Mr. Roostertail, so he can keep an eye out for that creative driving famly from Cincinnati. I heard Byron is painting his boat camouflage, for the next awakening??

ITTLFLI
08-24-2006, 03:02 PM
I have a deposit on this boat as of today. The deal will not be done/closed for about a month so please chack back then if your interested.

Byron

Buckeye
08-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Road Trip,

Sounds like you need to add some ponies to your Blue Engine, step up to the plate and buy a 35 ZR or get the "jack" out and run the Scholle Team.

I'll put a few bucks on Itllfli...of course it should be during this years Lake Cumberland Poker Run.

At the end of the day most of boats are faster on the trailer.

Buckeye

roadtrip se
08-25-2006, 03:42 PM
but the Tripper can take it, so bring it on...

Dr D. is right. I know all of the driving tactics to get ahead of someone and I can recognize'em when I see'em, too. What I don't do is call it a "race" and claim I "chased someone down", when I shortcut a turn by a 1/4 mile.

Baxter can get in front of you and STAY there, even when your boat is 15 mph faster. THAT is driving. Now when that 540 goes in the bay, all bets are off.

No Jerry, I'm not putting a bimini OR a rear view mirror on the SE. In May at Cumberland, my eyes are going to be on what is in front of me all of the time.

Kash, quit talking smack and why don't YOU get in the game brother? On a good day, my boat does 79-81 GPS, on the water AND on the trailer... no secrets here.

I won't be at the poker run, so the smack down can continue all the way up to next spring... Hello Ilmor?

Glad the boat sold!

HOWARD O
08-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Congrats on your deposit, really nice boat at a great price!

Rest of you guys sure know how to walk all over someone's "for sale" thread, pretty disrespectful....... :smash:

roadtrip se
08-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Congrats on your deposit, really nice boat at a great price!
Rest of you guys sure know how to walk all over someone's "for sale" thread, pretty disrespectful....... :smash:

and most of it at my expense, no less!

Howard, couple of points to made here.

Nobody ever made a negative comment about the boat for sale. Those would have been deleted.

Secondly, we all know each other here from the AOTH rallies. This trash talk is no different than the friendly exchanges that go on at the docks at just about any rally during the year. It's all in the name of fun and not many take it very seriously.

HOWARD O
08-26-2006, 01:59 PM
and most of it at my expense, no less!
Howard, couple of points to made here.
Nobody ever made a negative comment about the boat for sale. Those would have been deleted.
Secondly, we all know each other here from the AOTH rallies. This trash talk is no different than the friendly exchanges that go on at the docks at just about any rally during the year. It's all in the name of fun and not many take it very seriously.

Point well taken and appreciated. Now I'd like to make a couple of points:

1. I realize there was nothing negative and I can see you're all buddies.

2. This is someone's "for sale" thread. It's not just for the seller, but for any prospective buyer as well. Given that, do you suppose that someone interested in the boat cares to read about you guys yucking it up? I personally don't care to wade through your conversation to find info on the boat from the seller. There are other forums for that..........

Thanks for listening anyway...... :wink:

chappy
08-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Great thread, I've enjoyed it from the start. Great boat, looks like a monster, I hope to make it to an event someday if I ever get the motor back in my boat. I hope the sale works out. But I missed the disrespectful input, just seemed like fun. (And I am interested in the boat)
Rich

wrussellw
09-04-2006, 09:25 AM
ITTLFLI
I moved too slow on this ... If the sale doesn't work out, PLEASE PM me.:(

ITTLFLI
10-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Not that I don't trust Lenny's math, but what is the real life top end on this beast?

This was one and only time we gps'd it.....i think she had more though:wink:

Thanks for the sale! She will be heading to Charlotte area soon!