PDA

View Full Version : Lawyers ARE good for something...

Rootsy
08-10-2006, 07:18 PM
... .

Cuda
08-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I had to reinstall Windows on my Dell. I didn't have the original discs, so I called them about it. The sent them to me, and called everyday until I received them. I must say I was quite surprised with the follow up customer service, and believe me, I had been bad mouthing Dell every since I bought this computer.

Schnook
08-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Good for you!!! I think there's a huge consumer backlash coming due to unresponsive customer service reps that you can barely understand, except that they all seem to be named Fred or Bill.

Digger
08-11-2006, 06:18 AM
nice job Jamie! you've officially "stuck it to the man"!

Mac
08-11-2006, 07:01 AM
You probably already know this but the Inspiron and XPS are home class laptops, they usually have the latest and greatest but have not been as thoughly tested and the product life cycle is much shorter.
The Latitude are Dell's bussiness class, they are more thoughly tested and do not change as frequently, they are a much better laptop.
Whatever you do make sure you get the 3 year next bussiness day onsite warrantee, best money spent on any laptop.
Currently I think the IBM thinkpad T series is better laptop when it comes to durability and reliability.

Patti
08-11-2006, 07:25 AM
yep..jamie is well versed in computer types ;)

we absolutely got the extended warranty with onsite support..no more sending it off for repair should it need it.

We did look into the m90 but it didnt offer the trulife screen..and since my eyesight isnt the greatest we needed a clearer screen :)

it's the same computer chassis wise and cage wise..some of the components are different but its based off of the m90

this is our 3rd dell and i've had ibm's in the past and liked them..but we did as much reseach as humanly possible and talked to many people..and we know that things could go wrong in the future since it's a relatively new model..but that can happen to any computer..

we're hoping for the best..with the dells in the past..except for this 5150 and the motherboard issues we've never had a problem.

hopefully it will be a good experience.

Woodsy
08-14-2006, 08:05 AM
I just got an Dell Precision M90 CAD workstation laptop loaded from the Dell outlet... $1300 bucks and a 3 year next day onsite warranty.... It has the high end screen to boot....

My old Dell home system is 6 years old and still runs great... it just won't run the latest edition of Solidworks without some major upgrades...

I have had pretty good luck with Dell.. but as with all electronics the extended warranty is your friend!

Woodsy

Woodsy
08-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Root...

I don't have the comp here at work... I'll get the specs for ya tomorrow. It was loaded though... I got it at the Dell online outlet. It was already built for someone else or returned and they were selling it cheeeeeep. They had lots of good deals for some really short $$$.

Woodsy

McGary911
08-14-2006, 09:03 AM
and now i find this out LOL

one thing i do hate is that dell loads their computers up with BS software and crap no one with any computer aptitude would ever need....

Ain't that the truth! A few times a year, a friend will need a computer, and I'm happy to handle the whole thing for them, as I know a bit about them. I'll have it delivered to my house, and set it up for them. First thing I will do is remove all of the damn crap. Sign up for internet links, trial versions of EVERYTHING (including a virus scanner, which is BS, as it's super important, and people will think they're protected, even though after 30 days you can't update), crappy photo album programs, lame adware programs, image viewer\editor programs, network connection programs, every IE toolbar plug in you'd never want....the list is endless.

Rant done. Glad you finally got Dell to step up to the plate. After buying a computer, the worst thing you can do is keep looking at ads for similar machines, because the prices tend to drop so quickly. :boggled:

Sam
08-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Three cheers for Jamie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiger lily
08-14-2006, 07:21 PM
You probably already know this but the Inspiron and XPS are home class laptops, they usually have the latest and greatest but have not been as thoughly tested and the product life cycle is much shorter.
The Latitude are Dell's bussiness class, they are more thoughly tested and do not change as frequently, they are a much better laptop.
Whatever you do make sure you get the 3 year next bussiness day onsite warrantee, best money spent on any laptop.
Currently I think the IBM thinkpad T series is better laptop when it comes to durability and reliability.

i have a way old latitude, best laptop ive ever had, its way out of date, but ive dropped it many of times and its been through hell, the screen is very nice and i have not had a single problem with it, my moms inspiron is always broke though, she went with a dell because mine as been so good and hers as been a pile of ****, kind of disappointed with hers.