PDA

View Full Version : Someone Must Want These!!

MOP
12-27-2003, 09:07 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451140979&category=31285

smoothie
12-28-2003, 08:35 AM
If I had a jet boat,cant use em in a closed engine compartment. wink

RedDog
12-28-2003, 08:37 AM
Even though they are thru-transom, I think they require the use of an open engine compartment?

BUIZILLA
12-28-2003, 08:55 AM
Me thinks those just might fit under the Criterion hatch....

Hmmmmm.... they just might. wink

J :cool:

Wildfire
12-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Saw these in the Eddie Marine catalog. Those are "water injected, not water jacketed. Not for use in an enclosed engine compartment".

MOP
12-28-2003, 10:56 AM
I know it says water injected, but are these not tube within tube! If you inject water right at the port Bye Bye engine, it looks to have a drain at the end of the collector.

smoothie
12-28-2003, 11:36 AM
BUIZILLA:
Me thinks those just might fit under the Criterion hatch....

Hmmmmm.... they just might. wink

J :cool: Yea...and they just might MELT the hatch eek!

You better add 3k for "water jacketed" headers.

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
12-28-2003, 11:56 AM
Basically these are the same as water injected over the transom headers. They're just a way for jet boats and Flats to get around the O/T exhaust ban that exists on some lakes. Before the cops had dB meters, the local govt. pukes would just put a blanket ban on O/T pipes to cut down on the noise complaints. These are the same people who would rather just ban all Jet Skis instead of going after the ones breaking the law.
Anyway, the water flowing through them is metered so as not to backwash into the exhaust ports. The metering is tricky and I don't know how it's fine tuned, but the reputation is that it's somewhat problematic.
I've never used them. I figure go dry or go with wet logs and forget the backwash worries.

FR :p

smoothie
12-28-2003, 12:12 PM
FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack:
I've never used them. I figure go dry or go with wet logs and forget the backwash worries.

FR :p I agree,I've been looking at wet headers and for the price,relieablity and minimum HP gains over logs,Im thinking I will stay with what I have,besides I can run a bigger cam with the higher risers that the logs have plus the water exits at the exhaust tips.But they do look great.