PDA

View Full Version : What are the lengths & model # of the aluminum rub rail on a 18?

Moody Blu'
08-10-2006, 01:05 AM
it seems the nose rub rail is the longest along with two side pieces and one back piece. my back piece of rub rail is busted when i had my little accident so i was wondering if anyone had the lengths handily availible along with the model number for our particular rub rail.

thanks in advance

looks like deck is comin off tomorrow

Lenny
08-10-2006, 01:22 AM
12' s and 6's

TACO METALS

Pearson is your "helper" if you can not figure it out,... Be "nice to him" ...

Rub rail kit from Taco is # A11-0151TAL12D. 3/4" is what you want for the 16/18. It is polished aluminum, with clear anodize. #8 screws. TAL6-1 is the 6' length. The above mentioned one is in 12' lengths. You need four 12 footers to do the job.

Broque, I have it, it is right.

Moody Blu'
08-10-2006, 11:18 AM
ok who stocks this so i can order it like now!

tops comin off today

i was thinking about the 12' pieces, one 12 foot is for the front, and 2 6 foots per side, why not use one 12 per side so theres only one gap instead of two? then bend the last couple feet to go in the aft part?

(i remember too many times the rub rails coming loose after a ncie hard ride and haveing to tighten up two areas and if i didnt get to them id have to be very careful about docking until i got to them)

thoughts?

my stock rub rails measures(nose piece) 13foot 8" 1/4"
side pieces are 7 foot 11" 3/4"

the back piece was missing a piece but i would figure its the same length as the nose piece

i guess they dont make them this length anymore? can someone please help with out talking in "code" im trying to get things right on my boat and dont want to alter to many things maybe a reason why they dont make the rub rail in 14 foot anymore?

if pearson would like to help then please help, whats goin on here? you have to ask nice for help instead of just asking now wtf?

BERTRAM BOY
08-10-2006, 01:02 PM
You're gonna have to drill new holes in your boat. The old rub rail is 6" on center and the new ones are 6.250 on center.

Moody Blu'
08-10-2006, 03:35 PM
hey this aint no party so stop lolligaggin:wink:

so has anyone actually come across a company that has the exact rub rails that the older donzis came with? with 6" on center

BERTRAM BOY
08-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Actually, Bonnell made the old stuff, but I doubt they still make rubrail. I guess it's worth a try. Roosty work some magic will ya'.

Here's the link.http://www.bonlalum.com/Login/index.jsp

Moody Blu'
08-10-2006, 09:52 PM
that would be sweet if we could get direct replacement rub rails that fint in the same holes(as long as its bent right)

yea work that magic rootsy

maddad
08-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Broque, take some advice from a guy who had to do it over. I put mine back together with all the screws in their original holes thinking how could it ever come loose with all these screws holding a tight joint. I still don't know how it did, but it did. The photos are what I noticed 3 weeks ago, and as I looked under the rub rail it was loose screws 5' in each direction. It sure would have been easier to thru-bolt with lock nuts the first time.

Moody Blu'
08-11-2006, 12:51 PM
You're gonna have to drill new holes in your boat. The old rub rail is 6" on center and the new ones are 6.250 on center.

umm, this link tells a different story... 6" on center

http://www.tacomarine.com/item--3-4-x-3-8-Aluminum-Rub-Rail--A11-0151.html

believe it or not most of my rub rail holes are in decent shape i only had a few areas that would loosen up, and all the deck to hull screws were in there solid.

i plan on using some type of thread locker but this is not the only time the deck is coming off i have to get the deck fixed inthe damaged starboiard aft area for right now im installing my tank and putting the deck back on and then once i get a garage or warehouse of my own the crack will be fixed.