PDA

View Full Version : New headers?

Patrik Sweden
08-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Can someone please get me in the right directions for new exhaust headers?

I still have my originals on, the boat only went for 200 hours in fresh water, but I have to buy new ones..
I'm visiting the States in november/december (Seattle) and planing to buy/order them there, but I have no idea what would be the best option.

If I these from CP Performace (http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=2241), can I still use the silent choice? Do I have to replace/rebuild the exhaust?

Edit: what would be the best and cheapest way!?

My set-up:

MERC 350 MAG MPI - 1998
Bravo One

mrfixxall
08-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't go with a tube style header,you wont see that much hp then you would with a emi powerflo or stainless marine style manifolds and risers..

A tube style header was intended for bigger cube engines with ample horse power..

Those headers in your attachment are for a jet boat and wont fit under your hatch....

md

smoothie
08-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Those headers are "water injected" and not intended for inclosed areas...you need "water jacketed" Big difference.

Greg
08-10-2006, 09:30 AM
My motor has some minor mods so I went with the aluminum replacements from Dennis Moore. They are lighter and seem to work very well. They have the brackets for the shift cables and electrics on them. I think I paid under $600. The next click up would be Stainless Marine. Brownie can help you there.