PDA

View Full Version : covers..i know, i know.....

ATLDONZI
08-08-2006, 11:37 AM
i know this has been covered a hundered times...(lol no pun intended) but i need a full cover for my classic 16.. when i say full i want the sides covered as well since its red and i do not want fadeing.. i have searched through the forums and have not found any.. any help would be great..thanks....:wink:

Trueser
08-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Most likely would have to do a custom cover. Check my post on covers for some ideas.

I was able to tow with my full cover with no issues, And the boat was spotless when after 450 miles.

Donzigo
08-11-2006, 06:37 AM
Only use Sunbrella material for the cover.

joel3078
08-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Cover that covers the whole hull sides would be custom. Costs big jing by the way. Mine was around 750 for the cockpit and 1300 bucks for the full body. They are top of the line with all kinds of extra lining on the inside for the wear points.. Well worth it though for the colored gellcoat protection. Mine is not Sunbrella. That is great stuff but there are newer fabrics out called Top Gun and Aqualon. I had my full cover and cockpit cover done in Aqualon. It has better features than Sunbrella and weighs less also. The Aqualon fabric is 100% water proof and does not breath. You must have a high quality vent installed at the peak of your cover so you do not have mold issues inside the boat. Look at pics attatched.

Cuda
08-13-2006, 11:41 PM
You'll have to get one custom made. I had this one made for the Minx for I think about $800, with sunbrella. The cockpit cover cost me around $225 or so I think.

Donziweasel
08-14-2006, 06:51 PM
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/boatcover/bc_finder.cgi?r=fbc&year=1993&make=DONZI&model=CLASSIC%2016%20I/O

Not a full cover, but not very expensive either.