PDA

View Full Version : Real or baloney?

ChromeGorilla
08-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Saw these posted and was listed as had happened in S. FL.

Pics real or baloney? Any one know......

Formula Jr
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Is a Fountaine soo........yeah, its all true.... hell I'd make pics like this if mine sank.... :)

Cuda
08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Don't ask on Oso!:eek!:

ChromeGorilla
08-07-2006, 11:58 PM
OK here's the whole story......
I saw it posted on Hotboat the day it happened (i copied pics). posted a link on OSO. Poof gone...
2 more threads asking plain and simple "what happend" by other members on OSO and poof gone..... i post again and some people get all pissy sayin it's fake and let it go.... :rolleyes: I figure it was an OSO members boat or somethin.....tryin to keep it on the DL......:rolleyes:
Also original post on hotboat....poof..... hmmm
Dhlaw confirms it is indeed real and it did happen.... 3 hour old boat....spankin new.

ChromeGorilla
08-07-2006, 11:59 PM
At least it wasn't a Donzi......:wink:

Digger
08-08-2006, 06:13 AM
if you squint a little at the second pic it looks like the guy is riding a dolphin... aka "did you sink your beak boat??" "no dumbass its my dolphin!"

ChromeGorilla
08-08-2006, 06:47 AM
LOL....:smash:

ChromeGorilla
08-08-2006, 07:18 AM
So MP...whats the deal? This happened in S. FL...... aren't you the man in the know down there?:confused: :wink:

ChromeGorilla
08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
So appearantly this is a pshop job. Those that knew this kept fueling the fire by saying it was real. I guess boat rollovers are funny..... :rolleyes:

Just glad it didn't really happen to someone.

tiger lily
08-08-2006, 09:04 PM
eh, just another fountain, who wants to pay to have reggies name on your seat anyways.

ChromeGorilla
08-08-2006, 11:10 PM
eh, just another fountain, who wants to pay to have reggies name on your seat anyways.

I like the way you think! :yes: :wink:

ChromeGorilla
08-10-2006, 07:21 AM
Man...call me Joh Kerry....Mr flip flop.....

It looks like the rollover really did happen and the powers to be are tryin to keep as much as possible hush hush over on OSO.....

The funny part is that if from the get go when someone asked about the incident if the first answer was ... "a boat rolled, everyones ok, still investigating" instead of "It's fake, it didn't happen" the thread would be like 20 pages deep and no one would care...... c'est la vie.

final inspection
04-25-2007, 05:51 PM
very real

zimm17
04-26-2007, 05:31 AM
It looks like it's getting towed... I'm sure some marina down there knows about it.

roadtrip se
04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
sometimes, when driven to their limits or by folks who may not quite know what they are doing and a whole lot easier than standard hulls.

The background rumbles continue on how many people go swimming in Gladiators on a semi-regular basis. I always wonder how much of this is a big checkbook and big power with no seat experience.

A couple of 38ZRCs have gone over racing, but if Powerball/Mega-Millions hits soon, I would take one in a minute.

Or how about the mess we had up here a couple of years ago at the Smoke On the Water PR with an Outerlimits?

I have driven and rode in Fountain hulls at well over 100 and never felt like we were going to go swimming, but I sure respected the limits of the boat.

Another Reggie conspiracy? Really. Interesting how you don't see much about handling issues with ANY of the large go-fast makers.