PDA

View Full Version : Hyd / Cable steering 1/2 & 1/2

tony28zx
08-07-2006, 08:19 PM
I have a 2000, 28ZX with twin 350 mags, I have cable steering from the streering wheel to the transom and hydaulic out back. What's the benefit of full Hydraulic steering over my present set up. How much would it cost to convert it to full hydraulic? Is it worth the extra money? What is the difficulty level of the install? Need help!

Pismo
08-08-2006, 06:26 AM
All you need to buy is a helm and hoses to connect the helm. You use the stock steering pump already on your engine. It is worth it I feel, much of the slop in steering systems in in the cable and cable helm and all that will be gone. You have already done the expensive part, do the rest and make it perfect.

pmreed
08-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Tony, you might want to review this thread (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44375). Lots of good info on the 28ZX steering.

Phil

LKSD
08-08-2006, 05:42 PM
I have a 2000, 28ZX with twin 350 mags, I have cable steering from the streering wheel to the transom and hydaulic out back. What's the benefit of full Hydraulic steering over my present set up. How much would it cost to convert it to full hydraulic? Is it worth the extra money? What is the difficulty level of the install? Need help!

It offers even more feedback reduction & takes out the slop inside like pismo said. Which system do you currently have?? I can sell you the internal conversion kits.. I am set up with Imco, Latham, etc. etc.. :) Jamie / Lakeside 570-639-2628