PDA

View Full Version : Ride in a 27 Magnum Sport

Donzi Angel
08-06-2006, 09:38 PM
As many of you know, Jefe and I are looking for a new boat. Gene's 27 Magnum Sport is a contender, but, before I can even remotely think about pulling the trigger on that one or one like it, I HAVE to ride in it in waters similar to those of Clear Lake and Galveston Bay to see if I can handle it. Anyone know of a Magnum owner near the Texas Gulf Coast that may be willing to provide a ride?????

RENEE

Eugene Nahemow
08-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Donzi Angel,

I would be very uncomfortable selling to anyone until they have seen and ridden in my boat, especially someone who is a member of Donzi.net.

I believe Magnum Marine has an owners list. You might want to give them a call. I do not know of any Magnums in Galveston or surrounding areas.

The lake that I am on usually gets pretty rough every day between 2-6pm.
Although unfortunately,I cannot guarantee that.

The flights into San Francisco are not that expensive. The boat is 2 hours North of San Francisco.
Spend a weekend, see San Francisco and enjoy the wine country.

superhatz
08-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah.......if you're serious about Eugene's boat you should just fly up there. Once you drive that bad boy......you'll know. There's nothing like a 27 Sport......:)

MDonziM
08-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I don't know about TX water but a good friend of mine had a 27 mag, twin 350's, early 70's hull on Long Island sound and that boat was SOLID. 4 ft chop, no problem. If thats any help...

Lenny
08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Donzi Angel,
The boat is 2 hours North of San Francisco.
Spend a weekend, see San Francisco and enjoy the wine country.

Man, that puts it about 14 hours South of me :) That's "close" in this game :D

Bigbroadjumper
08-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Renee, If you and Jeff come to Chicago I will take you for a ride in my Magnum. It is not a 27 Sport but I'm sure the ride is the same in my 28 Maltese. Lake Michigan is all the lake you could ever want.

AC18Classic
08-18-2006, 05:05 PM
I had several 28 Cigarette SS and they are by far the best rough water boat.
The magnum 27 is almost the same hull and is also a great rough water boat.

I miss my 28 Cigarette but love my little 18 Classic.