PDA

View Full Version : Great looking Minx on ebay

Cuda
08-04-2006, 11:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-20-DONZI-MINX-Don-Aronow-Classic-Miami-Vice_W0QQitemZ200012396699QQihZ010QQcategoryZ80652 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Donzi Racer
08-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Cuda, shhhhhhhhhh quiet. I can't believe that this is the 1st mention of it on the site in 10 days. We went up to view it on thursday. Although we are very interested in it, we would be glad to answer any questions about it. We are not prepared to pay his reserve, although close, so if we can help let us know. Tom 256-777-0844

Cuda
08-05-2006, 03:33 PM
There is an alternative Minx for sale too.:wink:

Donzi Racer
08-05-2006, 09:43 PM
so I guess we know who designed and built the minx now????? :rolleyes:
Let me see, was it the Chisolms designed it before they sold it in 1985 and Jack Staples and Dick Genth produced it from 1986 to 1988? Did I get it right? hmmmm? I tried really hard to buy it. Maybe it will work out yet. Tom

Budmann
08-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Donzi Racer... the Minx was already in the line when my Dad bought it. We started the Z and ZF series

Donzi Racer
08-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Donzi Racer... the Minx was already in the line when my Dad bought it. We started the Z and ZF series
Ran into John Chisolm years ago and he told us the Minx was named after their family pet, which was a male dog, although he said the meaning of the word minx was "WANTON WOMAN". We had a 1987 limited edition Minx a while back and always liked that boat, just needed a bit more horsepower. Kind of reminds me of a small Ciggerette. I like the small block idea though, with the gas prices the way they are and seem to be going to stay.

Budmann
08-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Yea we have 11 Donzi's in our family and all of them are 1986's. I have one of six small block 22 2+3's we ever built.

LOVE IT!!!! It will run 60 and that's fine with me. I am able to boat all weekend on one tank of gas and THAT WORKS!!!

BUIZILLA
08-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Bud, is the Z65 a 1986 as well??

Budmann
08-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Yup!!!!!

Cuda
08-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Yup!!!!!
You still owe me a ride on that bad mama jama! Debbie called Jodeye Saturday to see if you guys were coming to Lake Harris. She told us you were working on getting your daughter back, and she was up in the tundra somewhere. :)

Hope all is well. Bring the boat and let run MY river for a change. :)

Budmann
08-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Sounds good!!! Got the daughter.:) :) :) :wink: :wink: :wink:

We are taking the 65 Donzi out tomorrow for a shake down run before taking it to the Bahamas.

Going to fill it up before the new gas prices hit. Bad girl holds 2000 gallons of fuel so it makes a difference.

Bud

Cuda
08-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Bad girl holds 2000 gallons of fuel so it makes a difference.
Bud
Ouch! What does she have for power?
How many were built?

Budmann
08-07-2006, 07:56 PM
twin 16V92 Stewart and Stevensons... right at 3800 H.P. Burns 200 gallons an hour at cruise which is 35 knots.

Top Speed... 46 KNOTS!!!!

Get in, shut up, and hang on!!!!:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

boldts
08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Was the black and cream color reserved for the Anniversary edition only? I pretty much like all the color options with the cream. Yes, Ken. Your blue and cream is exactly what I want and your boat is such a prize for anyone looking to buy a Minx. Please, everyone with one for sale, please don't hate me now. I just love the blue and cream and I know Ken has taken immaculate care of his.

Bidding stopped at $10,600 for this one. Seems to be tight in line with current sales, but I've really not kept up with them as I'm not in the market currently. Budman - Your part of the Genth family? Sorry, didn't realize and maybe I'm still wrong. 11 Donzi boats though as to be incrediable. How do you decide which one to run each day? LOL :) A 65' to the Bahamas as to be great though even with the fuel costs involved. Take care.

Cuda
08-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I think the LE's were all black and white, with gray seats. This is Catch's dad in the LE Minx, and I think Buizilla's 18 LE is the same color set.

CHACHI
08-10-2006, 05:53 AM
Was the black and cream color reserved for the Anniversary edition only? I pretty much like all the color options with the cream. Yes, Ken. Your blue and cream is exactly what I want and your boat is such a prize for anyone looking to buy a Minx. Please, everyone with one for sale, please don't hate me now. I just love the blue and cream and I know Ken has taken immaculate care of his.
Bidding stopped at $10,600 for this one. Seems to be tight in line with current sales, but I've really not kept up with them as I'm not in the market currently. Budman - Your part of the Genth family? Sorry, didn't realize and maybe I'm still wrong. 11 Donzi boats though as to be incrediable. How do you decide which one to run each day? LOL :) A 65' to the Bahamas as to be great though even with the fuel costs involved. Take care.Thanks Scott, Ken

Donzi Racer
08-10-2006, 06:01 AM
I think the LE's were all black and white, with gray seats. This is Catch's dad in the LE Minx, and I think Buizilla's 18 LE is the same color set.You may be right Cuda, but we had a 1987 Limited Edition Minx and it had a gray cast to the hull and top side, then the black top stripe and sided stripe with red accent stripes. The Limited Edition was on the side and on the top stripe close to the windshield also in red. Now that I think of it that gray part could have been from age. LOL We like the idea of the small block also for fuel conserving. Ours with the 270 hp merc & would do like 62 mph and as always, for most donzi lovers,we were hoping to get some more POWER to maybe get closer to 70mph without going to a big block or losing too much of the better fuel consumption. It is sooo hard when you want flat everything and then for around 10k. That is why we have been looking for so long, and may still be. Ha ha The boat is back up on ebay and maybe someone will snap it up before we have to. Tom

Donzi Racer
08-10-2006, 06:15 AM
Bidding stopped at $10,600 for this one. Seems to be tight in line with current sales, but I've really not kept up with them as I'm not in the market currently. Budman - Your part of the Genth family? Sorry, didn't realize and maybe I'm still wrong. 11 Donzi boats though as to be incrediable. How do you decide which one to run each day? LOL :) A 65' to the Bahamas as to be great though even with the fuel costs involved. Take care. We were basically the top bidder on it. I thought 10500 was about right for the condition also. His reserve was 12,900 then reduced to 11,900. Just a bit more than we were willing to go. Definately not in as good a shape as the other blue and white Minx that is around 16k, but it is very serviceable for our needs, which are looks damn good at 60-70 mph as it goes by you. LOL Tom