PDA

View Full Version : Question for CDMA & Bertram Boy

Wavewalker
12-11-2002, 08:43 PM
That baby blue 16 you just picked up looks like it may indeed be an early 1965. Like the one displayed in the window of New York's Abercrombie and Fitch that summer it has no chrome vents above the engine and the rear chrome vent/nav light was functional. By the way the honey yellow color of that early 16 is close to the new color that's been discussed in another thread this week.

CDMA
12-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Thanks John,

We too think it is an early boat. I will be talking to Allan soon trying to get some more info on it. The interior actually looks to have originally been white not honey. I think the honey color you can see if from age and use. She is a sweet boat though!!!

Chris

Wavewalker
12-11-2002, 09:08 PM
CDMA the honey yellow color I was talking about was on the boat shown in New York. I have always liked its honey yellow gelcoat top and bottom with brown stripe down the center of the deck and brown upholstery.

Sagbay32
12-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Chris, was that Turbo's boat?

Mike

BERTRAM BOY
12-11-2002, 09:25 PM
What's really nice about this boat(in addition to being an early boat)is the fact that there are no holes drilled in her that aren't supposed to be there, and that all the original hardware is there.
I have yet to find a hull number, but according to Brownie this is another sign of an early hull.
Also of interest, it has a narrow stripe.

BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Donzigo
12-11-2002, 10:02 PM
You guys need to chase the Abrocombie & Fitch story down. That would make this boat infinitely more romantic.

(I know both of you are big romantic types)

RH
12-11-2002, 10:13 PM
The pictures of the 16 that were placed in the windows of Abercrombie and Fitch in NYC were a red hull with white deck stripe and a yellow hull with black deck stripe. This is discussed on page 42 of "Don Aronow: The King Of Thunderboat Row" with pictures of the display on page 56. What a great public relations coup!
RH

Donzigo
12-11-2002, 10:17 PM
OK........whew.........glad that's over. CDMA & BERTRAM BOY, you're safe. No romance this time.

LOL

mattyboy
12-12-2002, 07:57 AM
hey Cliff what are you trying to do,? re gain your title as the oldest donzi at the dustoff ???? wink
nice find,let me know if you need help

Matt

BERTRAM BOY
12-12-2002, 09:16 PM
Matty,
I need help in sooo many ways.
Thanks for the offer........
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D