PDA

View Full Version : OK MADCOWS, decision time, who's in for 8/12 & 13?

gold-n-rod
08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Time to get off the fence, boys. Here's what I have been able to decipher from the posts:

Sat the 12th - Torch Lake. Launch from township park at Eastport.

Attendees:

Tony and Cherrie
Todd and Jill (maybe?)
Brad - DonziBlue
Randy - Goldnrod

Sunday the 13th - Crystal Lake. Launch from the end of Lobb Rd. Detailed maps will be distributed next week to attendees.

Attendees:

Tony and Cherrie
Jeff C. - Bald Eagle
Carl C. (and maybe Monday?)
Goldnrod
Brad (a local fella with a Hornet II)

We'll be keeping a close watch on the weather, but short of a hurricane, the gig is a "go."

If you still want in, speak up. Same if I have any of the above information incorrect.

gold-n-rod
08-02-2006, 06:51 PM
By the way, I'm also interested in knowing who's in for dinner on Saturday night. If there's interest in a group meal, I'll look around and set something up.

PS: This event is the MADCOW debut of Tony and Cherrie's 22, Jeff's AE #2 and my new tow vehicle!!!! :)

DonziBlue
08-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Randy: I only own a dust cover for the C22 - so I can't drive it in the rain - heaven forbid if I get it wet from the rain :)

My wife and I plan on coming if there is no rain in the forecast. We plan to drive up Friday morning and spend some time on Suttons Bay that day. We will spend Friday evening in a hotel and be ready for Torch Lake on Saturday. We haven't made our hotel reservations yet. Any recommendations?

Brad

gold-n-rod
08-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Randy: I only own a dust cover for the C22 - so I can't drive it in the rain - heaven forbid if I get it wet from the rain :)
My wife and I plan on coming if there is no rain in the forecast. We plan to drive up Friday morning and spend some time on Suttons Bay that day. We will spend Friday evening in a hotel and be ready for Torch Lake on Saturday. We haven't made our hotel reservations yet. Any recommendations?
Brad

So many variables, Brad. Price, location, some will not split the weekend nites, etc. I'd call the Visitor's Bureau. They can steer you straight.

http://www.mytraversecity.com/accommodations/

Their site says: "For those who would prefer an alternate method of making lodging reservations, the Traverse City Convention & Visitors Bureau offers an area-wide Central Reservation Service. All you have to do is call 1-800-TRAVERSE (1-800-872-8377) and a travel counselor will answer questions that you may have and assist you in checking room availability, rates, and in making a reservation. The Central Reservation Service is available Monday - Friday, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time."

I will say that if you stick to the east side of TC, it will get you out of town and off to Torch easier on Sat. am.

Let me know if the Visitor's Bureau gets you set up. They should, no problem.

roadtrip se
08-02-2006, 11:07 PM
plans could change, but we are not likely.

Long story to say the least, but our boat is sitting in Canada right now, and it looks like the hostage crisis will end the week after you guys get together up north.

Take lots of pics and keep scheduling MADCOW gatherings, we'll make the next one...

gold-n-rod
08-04-2006, 09:18 PM
to the top

Carl C
08-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Randy I've been putting off answering because I'm trying to make it doable. I need to get someone to run my store and I'd also have to rely on last minute weather forcasts. I'd be in for Sunday only but may stay and try Lake Michigan via Grand Traverse Bay on Monday. I'll know more by Mon or Tue.:boat:

Tony
08-04-2006, 11:09 PM
We're still in. Staying near Torch with my nephew Thursday and Friday night, probably will camp in Randy's back yard for Saturday night, then maybe scoop a hotel for Sunday night, then maybe camp in a USFS (Sleeping Bear Dunes) campground Monday night. If anyone is staying over we may be up for boating Monday, possibly Glen Lake, Lake Leelanau, or maybe the Traverse Bay?

There is small hotel on US-31 in Eastport, sorry I don't know the name.They serve a superb breakfast...never stayed there but it is probably nice.

gold-n-rod
08-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Tony: Our spare lot is yours for the asking. There's plenty of room for your truck, boat/trailer and camping gear, with privacy to boot. The extra bathroom and shower at my place are yours, too!

I'm honored to have you and Cherrie as my guests.

Tony
08-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Randy...thanks for the space and facilities! Have you set a time yet to meet in Eastport Saturday morning? My cell number is below, we are probably heading up there Thursday morning.

Sunday evening we've got a campsite reserved on the west side of Lake Leelanua, for two nights. On Monday I'd like to drop in somewhere and cruise the Sleeping Bear Dunes, along the Lake Michigan shoreline.

Are you or anyone else up for that?

gold-n-rod
08-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Randy...thanks for the space and facilities! Have you set a time yet to meet in Eastport Saturday morning? My cell number is below, we are probably heading up there Thursday morning.
Sunday evening we've got a campsite reserved on the west side of Lake Leelanua, for two nights. On Monday I'd like to drop in somewhere and cruise the Sleeping Bear Dunes, along the Lake Michigan shoreline.
Are you or anyone else up for that?

10 am Saturday at the Eastport ramp. Take 31 north to Eastport, turn right and immedicately look for a little boat ramp sign. It's a gravel drive. Turn right to the launch. Tony, I can't imagine it's too shallow for a 22. If so, we can go to the state ramp on the NE shore.

Weather is looking good, save for a chance of storms on Friday.

Tony, your cel number was not in the message. Mine is 517.505.6456

Brad: Check in. Same for anyone else who still wants in.

Tony
08-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Brain fart on the cell number...here it is:

517-290-7342

Carl C
08-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I just talked to Randy via PM and I regret that I can't make it due to work obligations.:(

DonziBlue
08-08-2006, 04:57 AM
Randy: I'll meet you at the Eastport Twnshp Park at 10am Saturday. So far the weather forecast looks great. See you Saturday.

Brad

gold-n-rod
08-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Randy: I'll meet you at the Eastport Twnshp Park at 10am Saturday. So far the weather forecast looks great. See you Saturday.
Brad

Great, Brad. We'll have some great fun. Are you in for Sunday, too, or just Saturday?

Call me on my cell if you need anything. 517.505.6456

BaldEagle
08-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Randy, I'm definately in for Sunday and trying to make it for Sat. Got the glass patched up on the AE hull but the trailer isnt going to be done now until late Fri. afternoon. Had plans to take some folks to S. Manitou Ils. and Sleeping Bear for the day so I'm planning on making a run back to White Lake tonight.

gold-n-rod
08-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Jeff, Tony and Brad don't need to be told, but the rest of you MADCOWS need to know what you are missing.

I was out on Crystal today to get my oil warmed prior to changing for the big weekend ahead. The lake was magnificant!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: Blue skies, blue water, little wind and waves (although picking up). It's expected to be a fine boating weekend.

If you just have to have some, give me a call on my cell 517.505.6456. We'll figger out a way to get hooked up with you. Come on up! Torch tomorrow and Crystal on Sunday. Life is good, indeed!!

BaldEagle
08-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Randy, thanks for organizing a great outing. Torch and Crystal are beautiful. Brad a pleasure as always, and Tony it was nice meeting you. Look forward to next year but I think I will go back before then.