PDA

View Full Version : Can I order new factory carpet???

ospreyproduction
08-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Can I get new factory carpet from Donzi for my 22 Classic or is there another source that has the pattern?

Kirbyvv
08-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Contact Bob at Bilt Rite Upholstery, he does a fantastic job and can even put the Donzi logo on the carpet.
BiltRiteUph@aol.com
(540) 981-1711
Check for the thread X-18 Carpet for a photo of a nice carpet bilt Rite did.

MOP
08-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Ditto on Built Rite! I got a new rug for the Beast just before 1k, just under $400 to my door and absolutely perfect!

slapshot11
08-02-2006, 01:54 PM
I couldn't agree more about Bob at Bilt Rite. I purchased a new carpet for my 22' Classic from Bob this spring and I love it. It looks beautiful and fits like a glove. The DONZI logo is a nice touch as well.

Pismo
08-03-2006, 07:44 AM
Does Bob's pattern take into account the change in the front seat mounts from squarish box to round pedastal in 1996 in the 22? And the floor cooler?

gcarter
08-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I think you'll find Bob very accomodating. He'll make them any way you want. The pattern he had for a Minx did not include the center locker. I sent him my own pattern w/ the locker and the Donzi logo and it looks great.

slapshot11
08-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Bob specifically asked about the shape of the seat pedestals and the floor cutout. The one he made for my 1999 22' Classic fit all areas perfectly. I had the rounded bases.

joel3078
08-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Use this as a plan b.
http://www.snapincarpet.com/samples.cfm

The guy that redid my interior sends his customers to snapin and so for so good. They are in Michigan by the way. Looks like they do bigger cruise boats so a floor on a 22 classic should be a cake walk for them. No idea on price and delivery. Again, use this as a plan B.

Carl C
08-04-2006, 11:51 AM
One more option is www.matworks.com I was happy with the work they did for me and I also had them embroider the Donzi logo. They will send you a template to cut out and return and will e-mail you your price quote. http://www.matworks.com/cockpit.htm

CHACHI
08-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong... But I believe Built-Rite was the supplier to Donzi Marine for a number of years. Not saying others couldnt do a good job.....
I had an entire new interior made. Perfect!My 87 Minx had Bulit Rite upolstry from the factory. Don't know about the carpet. Ken

knots2u
08-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Bilt-Rite supplied Donzi from 1964 - 1996, all boats made by Don Aronow had a Bilt-Rite interior, including his race boats. Bilt-Rite downsized considerably in 1996, at one point over 60 stlyes of bucket seats were produced. Some were sold to the boat manufacturers for in house production. Many patterns and molds were trashed when they moved from Miami, some were accidentally destroyed in a fire, others intentionally. We will discontinue operations at the end of August and are no longer accepting orders for interiors. I am considering looking for a small shop or possibly work from my home were I can continue to produce covers and carpet, but Donzi interiors by Bilt-Rite are now history.

Dr. Dan
08-05-2006, 04:16 PM
:spongebob Well...That Sucks! Bob you have been nothing but professional and a super craftsman to the Donzi Community...we will truly miss your skills and expertise... and we all wish you the best of Health and Happiness in whatever path you choose!

All Our Best...

Doc & Lizard :beer:
www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

Cuda
08-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Bob, what are your plans for the patterns?
You beat me to it.

Lenny
08-05-2006, 07:21 PM
This is sad... Bob, I had "plans" in the next few months, to ship you my interior "plug" off of my Bench Seat X-18 for a wrap around twin bucket and side coaming job. I was going to give you a 3/4 cockpit in glass to make patterns from and create a line of upholstery for... :(

I REALLY wanted your label on it :yes:

What's up?

ospreyproduction
08-07-2006, 10:20 PM
One more option is www.matworks.com I was happy with the work they did for me and I also had them embroider the Donzi logo. They will send you a template to cut out and return and will e-mail you your price quote. http://www.matworks.com/cockpit.htm

I ended up going with these guys because I wanted Teal Carpet and Bob said he couldn't get it. They have shipped me a pattern maker to trace my existing carpet and snaps, then they ship back the finished product.

Thanks for the Help!!!