PDA

View Full Version : Loan Shark Crash Photos

SHARKEYMARINE
08-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Loan Shark Crash Photos (http://pages.zdnet.com/sharkeymarine/powerboat/loan_shark.html)

My appologies for the focus, but it was hazy and the turn was about a half a mile away from me.....

Dan and Rob are doing ok. I am sure they are both feeling like they got run over by a train...

I wish them a quick recovery and hope they get the boat fixed soon...

MOP
08-02-2006, 10:22 AM
I wish them well, thank god they had good protection.

Johntrip
08-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Ouch..!!!!

boldts
08-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Amazing the force that the sudden impact with water puts on a canopy. In years past when these boats were run without canopies, we'd probably be morning these 2 racers today. As you look back at the days of early offshore racing, it really makes you think about 3 guys standing in bolsters with nothing between them and a wall of water coming at them if they stuff the boat into a wave.

You own a Classic doing 40 to 70 plus mph? If you've ever stuffed it into a wave like I have on Lake Erie, it's no picnic for us either. That water in most cases hits you right in the middle of your chest and with a force most have not experienced before. Don't get me wrong and be afraid of your boats, just be aware of it's abilities and yours. Know when to say maybe I need to stay behind the break wall today or take this trip much slower. Be safe all!

olredalert
08-07-2006, 11:08 PM
--------Wow,,,I was standing at the railing by the entrance to St Clair harbor looking north (flip was at the south turn) when the guy next to me yelled "WHOA". I never did see the boat back in the pits nor did anyone near me hear about crew. The speaker set-up didnt extend as far south as we were so the whole bunch of us had to rely on each other to keep up with the races. So glad they are OK. Boats can be replaced, humans cant. I did see the Loan Shark team in the dry-pits and they looked ready and professional..........Bill S