PDA

View Full Version : 89' 25regazza

donzi and marie
08-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Howdy All,
New member to site. I have a 1989 25ft. donzi regazza. I would like to know how this boat handles rough seas? You may think i'm crazy, but i'd like to make into fishing boat.(boat was given to me with a blown i/o motor.) It has quite a bit of fishing room accept for the engine box. If it is a good ocean boat, should i stay with the i/o or go with an outboard setup? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

MOP
08-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Tough ?? The rag has decent free board and will do pretty decent in a sea as long as you are prudent with what its sized boat can handle. I/O-OB is no that easy either, a lot depends on what you wish to spend. With either you have space considerations, the engine box is a pain except for cuttin bait, the outboard can also be a pain sticking out so far. My opion re power with an I/O V6 save gas and enjoy!

Phil

boldts
08-02-2006, 11:15 AM
D & M - First welcome to Donzi and the Registry. Sorry, can't help with your question as I've only seen a 25 Ragazza twice. Once at our gathering and another on a local lake to me. It appeared to be a great people boat with all the amenidies it has to offer. Only disadvantages to fishing off one that I saw was the 2 I saw had hard tops or maybe they were just canvas covers used for shade? So, maybe limited casting abilities? The good thing is a cabin to get out of the weather should rain roll in while on your trip. Others can give you better cost comparisons than me. Also, just wondering why you posted this in the "Other Boats" topic? A Regazza is/was built at the Donzi factory. It's a Donzi. Just think you may get more responses if this post were in the main Performance area of the website.

donzi and marie
08-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Hey MOP and BOLDTS,

Thanks for replying. Never even thought about a v-6 MOP. I'm loaded with chevy v-8 motor parts though. BOLDTS, as for your question, it's this 100 degree heat.(posting in wrong group) I'll post my question again in other group. Anyway thanks for all the info.