PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Bear in Alska site, kinda cool

Lenny
07-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Only 250 people a year get to go there and see this. Sort of a draw/lottery. Anyways, they put in cameras and while manned they show some incredible stuff.

So, without further adue, here is the link. You will find that there are some "Alfa Meos" that take out any other Grizzly that catches a fish. These would be 20+ pound salmon, all the way to 90 pounds.

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/wildcamgrizzlies/wildcam.html

It is kinda something "you let run in the background while you are on the phone thing" :)

Alaska is 4 hours behind you. 9pm in the East Coast is 5 pm there. Best viewing times are 5-9 pm in the East Coast of USA.

BUIZILLA
08-01-2006, 06:53 AM
A very good friend of mine just returned last night from 3 weeks in Alaska....

the pic's he sent me this morning are awe inspring, tons of snow, 21 hour lit days, bears, fish, every animal in the book...... he chartered a copter that took him WAYYYYYYYYYYYY up Mt. McKinley and dropped him for pic's.....

of all the places on earth he has been, he said it was the MOST pristine and beautiful......

he took 900+ pic's of the traveled area....

JH

Carl C
08-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Thanks for that link Lenny. I'll have to wait a couple hours for the cam to go on-line. I go to Alaska every year to visit my sister and her family and we have a new Alaskan adventure each time. I haven't seen a bear yet but will eventually. Hikers in Alaska wear "bear bells" or sing or talk so as not to inadvertantly sneak up on a bear. This year we hiked on the Matanuska Glacier. That's me on the left.

Lenny
08-01-2006, 08:33 AM
That's me on the left.

...nice day for shorts... ;)

McGary911
08-01-2006, 11:51 AM
That's cool as hell. I figured I'd watch it for a couple of hours, hoping to see a bear........I've been looking for about 5 minutes, and there must be 1/2 dozen of them out there. Shared the link with some friends. I like how they just stare until they see a fish, then WHAM. Very cool. Thanks Lenny.

goatee
08-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Wow cool Link! Thanks!
Have you seen the film Grizzly Man? About the guy who went north and actually lived with the bears. They didnt eat him,... for quite some time anyway. He's an odd bird, but you've got to respect his passion. Beautiful photography, self made documentary...

i did see that, and i am one of those who did not like it! although his intensions were good, he got what he was asking for. bears and humans were not meant to live together. no good will ever come from getting bears used to humans.
he was just another radical liberal who thought with his heart, and not his brain.
it all sounds good, but in the end all you have is two dead people and one dead bear.
keeping poachers away is good.
his methods were unsound, and dangerous to himself, his companion, and the bears.

Carl C
08-14-2006, 05:31 PM
The bear action has been really good tonight. In a week the cam moves to Africa!:eek!: