PDA

View Full Version : New Donzi Owner!

ATLDONZI
07-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Hello all, I just purchased a 1998 sweet 16 with a 4.3. I cant begin to say how excited i am to get back into a Donzi. when i was younger my best friend had a 1996 sweet 16 and i loved it, i had a damn flats boat(grew up on the water st pete fl) i fell in love with the styling of the donzi right away. so i knew i would own one one day.. well here i am 26 years old living near lake lanier in georgia and i bought one. i take delivery on sunday, i cant freakin wait.. any other owners on the south end of lanier near shoal creek or cocktail cove? :cool:

Chris

Jimmy Norman
08-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Hi Chris,

I recently bought a Donzi Classic 16 myself & I live on south Lanier near Paradise Point. Mine's a 1990. I've only put it in the water once & it just sputtered. It had been in storage for over a year so I think I'll have to get the gas pumped out & the carb cleaned, etc. but I can't wait to get out on the water. I haven't even gotten out on the lake since we moved here in the fall. I really like this little Donzi, but I'm already thinking of upgrading to a newer or larger or faster Donzi, but definitely a Classic. I'd like to see your boat. I'm a self-employed real estate speculator in control of my own time so if you want someone to go boating for an hour or so & maybe catch lunch on the water, let me know.

Jimmy

boldts
08-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Soooo......I know you both are bringing those 16s to Lake Eufalua during the Labor Day weekend to meet other Donzi owners and introduce us to yourselves and your boats right?

There a couple Donzi owners on Lanier. The week before Eufaula, I will be joining Randy Carabella and his family for some rest and relaxation. Boating will definately be in our plans. Look up Big Grizzly here on the Registry. He owns an 18 Corsican and a 22 Criterion that I know he wouldn't mind showing off to you guys. Give you some thoughts on what you might like as far as moving up in size. At least in a Classic. You won't find either one of these models for sale very often. Very sought after and rare.

Good luck with your new rides and welcome to the Registry and the Donzi family.

Jimmy Norman
08-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Soooo......I know you both are bringing those 16s to Lake Eufalua during the Labor Day weekend to meet other Donzi owners and introduce us to yourselves and your boats right?
There a couple Donzi owners on Lanier. The week before Eufaula, I will be joining Randy Carabella and his family for some rest and relaxation. Boating will definately be in our plans. Look up Big Grizzly here on the Registry. He owns an 18 Corsican and a 22 Criterion that I know he wouldn't mind showing off to you guys. Give you some thoughts on what you might like as far as moving up in size. At least in a Classic. You won't find either one of these models for sale very often. Very sought after and rare.
Good luck with your new rides and welcome to the Registry and the Donzi family.

Thanks, I hope to meet you and Randy too. Are 18 Corsican and 22 Criterion versions of Classics? I like the Classic style and the 24 degree deep v deadrise, but I'm open to other models that might be better for my needs. I'm really trying to learn about my new obsession. I sold a boat & 3 motorcycles this year & it seems to have left a Donzi shaped void -- but which one -- or ones!! (Please don't tell my wife I said that).
Jimmy

Lenny
08-01-2006, 11:37 PM
welcome to this "hobby" ... enough said :D

Have fun and I hope you meet a TON of people and just basically,... play, ... DONZI. This is a good place. :yes:

Team Jefe
08-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Welcome aboard....I would have chosen the word "Obsession"....which, come to think of so did Lenny:wink:

This is a great community with loads of wonderful people and sound advise. Enjoy, the "hobby" will only get more and more involved.

Tony
08-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Jimmy, welcome to the board. Go to the "Model Listing" link to review the different models, years they were built, and sometimes how many were built. The different 18's (X-18, Corsican, Classic) have the same hull but tweaked decks. Other than the round keel vs. sharp keel, the 16's hulls are all the same as far as I know. Except of course, for the hook! The later 16's have 2 + 3 seating, while the early models had wrap-around seating. Minxs, Criterions, El Pescadors...you've got a little research to do!

Newby
08-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Where is that "model list" link? I am just learning my way around.

boldts
08-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Top - Left of any page you may be on in the website - Button named "Model List"

ATLDONZI
08-03-2006, 09:13 AM
well i took delivery on tuesday night and i put it in on wednesday evening after work for a short cruise...all i can say is i am in love....i feels good to be back behind the wheel of a donzi again! i am going up to lake burton this weekend with it..i cant wait

mikev
08-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I boat on lanier alot durring the week, we live close by but dont go there on the weekend to many idiots trying to kill you with 40 crusiers that they dont know how to drive. We go to hartwell and carters lake on the weekends.

Jimmy Norman
08-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Jimmy, welcome to the board. Go to the "Model Listing" link to review the different models, years they were built, and sometimes how many were built. The different 18's (X-18, Corsican, Classic) have the same hull but tweaked decks. Other than the round keel vs. sharp keel, the 16's hulls are all the same as far as I know. Except of course, for the hook! The later 16's have 2 + 3 seating, while the early models had wrap-around seating. Minxs, Criterions, El Pescadors...you've got a little research to do!

Thanks Tony! Great info, but I don't have a "Model Listing" link. I may have a browser problem? I have an empty box with the heading MENU. Is that where the link should be? Thanks.

apollo24
08-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey Chris,
Congrats on the boat! I too am a relatively younger guy who has spent the last 15 years wanting my first Donzi. This Board is very helpful in finding info, history, parts, and any kind of data you need on your new ride. It's a colorful group of folks to say the least! I hope to make my first rally at Eufala this year so I can meet all the old SOB's on the board that have given such good advice to me over the last year or so. I owe a lot of beers to a lot of people! :wink: :D

Hope you can make it!

Cheers, Ben

Jimmy Norman
08-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Links should be there..
What browser are you using??
Welcome to the board BTW.. I hope to actually boat on Lanier one day soon, looks to be a cool place.. Buzz Grizz, he knows all the Donzi owners there..
Mister Boldts, just remember one thing while at Randy's: The dog CAN eat your entire leg in one swallow.. Move carefully :eek: :eek:

Thanks, I'm using MIcrosoft IE 6.0, but that wasn't the problem. I disabled my ZoneAlarm Security Suite antivirus software and the links poped right up, so I'll just have to figure out what I have configured wrong in ZoneAlarm & all will be OK. I hope to see you on Lanier,
Jimmy

ChromeGorilla
08-04-2006, 12:27 AM
ATL and Jimmy... you guys gonna show me around Lanier if I head down one weekend? I'm up here in Greenville, SC and boat on Hartwell.....

ATLDONZI
08-04-2006, 11:30 AM
ATL and Jimmy... you guys gonna show me around Lanier if I head down one weekend? I'm up here in Greenville, SC and boat on Hartwell.....

hows hartwell on the weekends? all the crazy's come out on lanier when the weekend hits... but sure i am game for some of the weekend bathtub experience on lanier with fellow donzi owners...

ChromeGorilla
08-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Last sunday hartwell was fine..... lake was laid down very nicely...... you could run WOT very comfortably anywhere on the lake..... now Holiday weekends are another story. I prefer Lake Keowee on holidays.

mikev
08-05-2006, 10:17 AM
hows hartwell on the weekends? all the crazy's come out on lanier when the weekend hits... but sure i am game for some of the weekend bathtub experience on lanier with fellow donzi owners...

we take the hour trek to Hartwell about every other weekend its an awsome lake like Lanier during the week. even on 3 day weekends there are plenty of empty coves to hang out in and you can ski and tube all day without have to dodge all the idiots.

ATLDONZI
08-05-2006, 11:18 AM
cool... well weekends,long ones at least i will be on burton or chatuge

Cuda
08-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Hey Chromey, the St John's sure looked pretty the other day when I was up in Jax. :)

Jimmy Norman
08-05-2006, 10:12 PM

I'd love to try, but I don't know my way around yet. I just got a Classic 16, but haven't taken it out yet & I'm already looking for another Donzi. I'm new to the lake & look forward to getting out & exploring.

boldts
08-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Hey, Grizz didn't say anything about leg eating dogs....:eek!: Humm, may need to plan on arriving in the daylight rather than evening LOL

ChromeGorilla
08-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Hey Chromey, the St John's sure looked pretty the other day when I was up in Jax. :)

Bite my sausage Cooder......:smash:

I shall return.........:yes: I really do miss the St. Johns......

Cuda
08-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Bite my sausage Cooder......:smash:
I shall return.........:yes: I really do miss the St. Johns......
Would that be a patty, or one of those maple links?

Digger
08-08-2006, 06:54 AM
welcome to the board! enjoy!!