PDA

View Full Version : 27 magnums

tiger lily
07-31-2006, 07:57 PM
ive always loved these boats, my dads friend has one with twin small blocks, what im wondering is, is there any cabin space at all, i rember is having a door on it to get down there, but was there berth in it, either way they are one of my favorite boats ever, so if anyone knows where there is some good pics of them post up a link, or post pics of yours and what you know about them, what were there speed with the volvo drives on them, i know some had trs and some got bravos. but i want to here all i can about them, i look over at OSO everynow and then in there section,but i figured you guys would know your stuff about them.

Bigbroadjumper
07-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Here are some pictures from my Magnum Maltese. Note the 1974 blue shag carpet head liner. Very Austin Powers. Yea baby yea! Not much head room but a little more then the 27 Sport, and not as much as the 27 Sedan.

superhatz
08-01-2006, 01:44 AM
My 27 Sport has a "crawl space" with a set of cusions and a little toilet.......it's really just a good place to throw your stuff.....

tiger lily
08-01-2006, 10:48 AM
My 27 Sport has a "crawl space" with a set of cusions and a little toilet.......it's really just a good place to throw your stuff.....

cushions is all i need to for a spot to crash after leaving the bar :smash:

boldts
08-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Tiger - I'm assuming you've seen the pictures on OSO. There are a number of 27 Magnums for sale there. The one out on the West coast done in a special red paint scheme has to be one of the nicest in the country. Forrest here on the boards also has a 27. I believe he recently changed his Volvo drives for newer DPX Volvo drives. He'll be at Eufaula over the Labor day weekend if your planning to attend. I'm sure he'd love to sit down with you and go over the details of his boat.

I was lucky enough to get to drive Bob's blue and whte Magnum at one of our AOTH gatherings. Of course we were on an inland lake, but it felt as close to Miami Vice as I've ever been. Beautiful boat and a real nice guy.

tiger lily
08-02-2006, 01:53 PM
the red and white one is also for sale on this site, has the TRS drives, and awesome engine hatch, i really like these boats but they are hard to find alot of info on. and i dont seem to see many around at all.

Bigbroadjumper
08-02-2006, 03:02 PM
If you go to www.magnummarine.com you will be able to read the history on these boats. They are considered to be the boats that started the long narrow beam sport boats. If you have any questions I'm sure someone on this board will be able to answer. Allen Brown was the plant manager for Magnum at one time, and I think had a hand in the design of the 25' Sport. Several other members own Magnums now and could fill you in on the rest.

All you have to do is ask.

Sincerely,