PDA

View Full Version : Donzi hatch ventilators

jonesy
07-31-2006, 05:34 PM
I have a 1964 donzi"sweet 16" that I have just compleatly overhauled.It has a 351w that was rebuilt also.I switched from a Holly carb. to an Idelbrock,it seems that the idelbrock is a little bit taller ,and had to go from a 3" flame arester to a 2 and a half inch one to fit under the engin hatch.I dont know if it is starving for air ,but it seems to be vapor locking,it also seems to be getting a little warm in the engine compartment I think I just need to install some hatch ventilators.Apperently they were optional in 64,but i want to put donzi vents in it can any body help me out . jonsey

MOP
07-31-2006, 10:48 PM
The original vents do turn up, but you may need to pickup some after markets for now. There is someone always on the hunt for them.

You did not give much detail on what is happening!!

Our engine holes do get pretty hot, I would try a run with the hatch off that should tell you if it is a heat problem or not. I have been thinking of ideas to shed some temp from mine also.

Phil

BERTRAM BOY
08-01-2006, 08:53 AM
I have a 1964 donzi"sweet 16" that I have just compleatly overhauled.It has a 351w that was rebuilt also.I switched from a Holly carb. to an Idelbrock,it seems that the idelbrock is a little bit taller ,and had to go from a 3" flame arester to a 2 and a half inch one to fit under the engin hatch.I dont know if it is starving for air ,but it seems to be vapor locking,it also seems to be getting a little warm in the engine compartment I think I just need to install some hatch ventilators.Apperently they were optional in 64,but i want to put donzi vents in it can any body help me out . jonsey

Engine vents were NOT installed on ANY of the first 25 16's.