PDA

View Full Version : Need pic of rear grab bar on 22C

Carl C
07-30-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna need to install the rear side grab bars to help keep people in the boat! These shouldn't be an option. Boater's World has the bars and I'll get 'em this week. Could someone PLEASE post a pic of a stock installation on a late model 22C?? Both sides if possible 'cause the spacing is different. I'd like to make this look factory done. TIA.:alligator

RedDog
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
It's not factory but what's factory in a Donzi changes from boat to boat -

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34544&highlight=grab

Carl C
07-31-2006, 05:42 AM
Thanks, 'Dog but I have that rail from the factory. There are small optional grab bars that go on the sides. These are what I need pics of.

Carl C
07-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Pretty pleeeeease with cherries on top?:)

Greg K
07-31-2006, 03:49 PM
This is the optional grab handle find them at Rex Marine (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=grablonggrip) for around $39 each...yellow is not available.

RickSE
07-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Carl probably not many 22's here with the rear handles that you describe. I have the factory aluminum handles on mine. I'll shoot some pictures if you want.

Carl C
07-31-2006, 04:37 PM
My port seat has a stainless grab bar. I figured the rear ones would match it. I already put one on the dash so the passenger could hold on with both hands. I think I will use matching ones in the back. Greg I can use your pic for the location. Rick I would like to see your install if it's not too much trouble. Thanks. I'd like to get these on this week.

Carl C
08-01-2006, 09:49 AM
I got 'em. $30 each @ Boater's World, part # 32-951-0135. It's too hot to work on anything today (98 deg.):eek!: 3 guesses where I'll be today? Here's a clue - :boat: Will post pics when done.

Sofa King
08-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Good idea Carl, I almost lost a petite 20 year ol lil lady the other day. I will install some as well. I kinda like em a lil diagonal to match the front seat passengers grab rail.

IMHO
Sofa King

Ranman
08-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I still have these available. PM me with an offer if anyone is interested.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35493&highlight=grab+handles

RickSE
08-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Sorry Carl, wasn't able to get pictures last night. Mine are installed just like Greg's picture, straight up & down 6-12 inches ahead of the rear seat. My rear handles match my front handle which is also installed straight up & down. I agree with others here, I'd try to match the angle used on your front handle.

How does that center handle on the dash work for passengers? Can they reach it OK? I need another handle on mine and don't really have any room in front of the pass seat unless I cover up the cigarette lighter.

Ranman
08-01-2006, 03:33 PM
My 18 came with a front passenger handle that looks exactly like the ones in Carl's photo. I don't know if it's the same one or not, but I hated it. The handle was too shallow and peoples knuckles would rub the inner gunnel while trying to hold on and so the handle was very uncomfortable.

I installed 2 6" Dana Marine Euro handles in the back of my 18 (pics to come) on slanted angles (not straight up and down). and these handles are a big help for rear passengers. The slant makes them easy to hold onto and is more comfortable than if they were vertical. I went with smaller handles due to the limited space in the 18, but they work well. The powdercoated red is trick too.

I could not get a matching Dana to replace the front because the hole centers were off and I did not want to drill new holes. I managed to find a Livorsi handle that matched the existing holes and protrudes further out for a more comfortable grip (no more rubbing knuckles). It doesn't match exactly and the red is a little off from the Dana's in the rear, but that's as good as I could get for what I was willing to do.

I was going to use the 10 inchers along the seat base (where Red Dog's handle is mounted), but later decided it was overkill and would potentially reduce access to my precious beer cooler which is why they are for sale (shameless plug).

Ranman
08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Here's a few pics of my handles for reference.

RedDog
08-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Here's a few pics of my handles for reference.

I like those Ranman - I may have to install some of those smaller grips too - I would want a chrome / stainless finish to match my existing front passenger grip (plus I have never seen a green finish that would match my boat very well)

Carl C
08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Sorry Carl, wasn't able to get pictures last night. Mine are installed just like Greg's picture, straight up & down 6-12 inches ahead of the rear seat. My rear handles match my front handle which is also installed straight up & down. I agree with others here, I'd try to match the angle used on your front handle.
How does that center handle on the dash work for passengers? Can they reach it OK? I need another handle on mine and don't really have any room in front of the pass seat unless I cover up the cigarette lighter.I've got barely enough room to match the angle on the port side but it looks doable. A set of 4 yellow ones would look cool but I'll stick with the stainless like it came with. Still too hot to work on it here (still 92 deg.). The dash handle works perfect but the seat must go forward first. I put it there because everyone was holding on to the bottom of the dash there.:alligator

BaldEagle
08-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Carl, are the new ones you purchased deep enough to put your hand through. Ranman said he had some that looked like that but there was not enough room for your hand to comfortably grip them. Do these match the one that came with your 22 on the front port side? Do you have a shorter on on your dash? Dont know why these dont come as standard.
Thanks.

RickSE
08-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Carl, Here are my handles. I guess my front one is angled a little.

Carl C
08-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Carl, are the new ones you purchased deep enough to put your hand through. Ranman said he had some that looked like that but there was not enough room for your hand to comfortably grip them. Do these match the one that came with your 22 on the front port side? Do you have a shorter on on your dash? Dont know why these dont come as standard.
Thanks. They have 1 1/2 inches clearance and are 12 inches long. All 4 are identical and are a perfect match to the factory port grab bar. IMO the clearance is sufficient. I appreciate the pics and will consider them all when I install them next week. It's too hot this week; I've burned $240 in gas since Monday.:eek!: MP, I have the bottom grab bar but it requires bending over to hold on and as a result many don't listen to me when I tell them they must hold on..........untill I get that first air:shocking:BTW what are the lanyards on the floor used for? I need the user friendly side bars to go with the bottom one. I want everyone to be able to hold on comfortably with two hands while running hard.:yes:

Carl C
08-07-2006, 07:37 PM
I got the grab handles in today. I decided to match the position and angle of the stock passenger handle. They work well there. If you have the spkrs then you can work through the spkr hole. If not then remove the side panels. Note that the panels are spaced different on each side. The spkr screw covers will pop out easily with a needle.:alligator

undertaker
08-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Carl, Here are my handles. I guess my front one is angled a little.

Rick, did those cockpit lights come installed from the factory or did you put those on afterwards....they look nice same lights they have on the ZX boats.:yes: :yes:

Undertaker