PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't be more impressed.....

ospreyproduction
07-28-2006, 06:58 PM
I took out the 22 Classic today for the first time and couldn't have been more impressed. I've been running performance boats for a while now and this is my 20th boat. I have had a 21 Skater, 22 Talon, STV Euro, 27' Cougar MTR and a POS Thundercat and I've never been as impressed with any of them like I was the Classic.

It feels like it's built like a tank. I read a number of posts about seat time, but it felt pretty comfortable to me. I'm amazed by the response at the helm as well as the comfortable ride. Coming from a cat....it's nice to finally "lean in" to a turn.

I wish I had of driven one of these earlier. I would have save myself a lot of $$$.

Cuda
07-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Yep, that's how I felt too. The bad news is that the feeling never goes away. :)

Marlin275
07-28-2006, 08:37 PM
I felt that way after Boston Whalers in 1966.

need for speed
07-28-2006, 09:37 PM
we do need the full shot of that Avatar:wink:

Cuda
07-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Osprey, I was up in your neck of the woods earlier this month. Deb and I spent a few days on Lake Marion, catfishing. :)

goatee
07-28-2006, 10:59 PM
we do need the full shot of that Avatar:wink:
goatee72@hotmail.com

try and offend me

half fast
07-28-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm sooooo happy your pleased with the new purchase and I've heard this crap before , say two boats ago.It's the greatest ,I'm keeping this forever,the boat of my dreams, yadda yadda yadda. PLEASE spare us !!!!! In a short time that thing will just be another old cracker and not a fresh Ritz as it appears to be now. hf... Can't wait to see it LEEROY

yeller
07-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey Osprey,
How did you like the Cougar. Being NW (Canadian) built, that must have been a pretty rare boat in your parts.

Lenny
07-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeller, Cougars are built in Kansas now as an American Company. They bailed out of Canada. :(

yeller
07-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Yes, Lenny, that is true. :garfield: Closed shop last year, but when Osprey had his, it would have been BC built. Don't know what the new company is like, but as far as the BC ones go, you'd be extremly hard pressed to find anyone that built a better quality boat. :yes:

ospreyproduction
07-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm sooooo happy your pleased with the new purchase and I've heard this crap before , say two boats ago.It's the greatest ,I'm keeping this forever,the boat of my dreams, yadda yadda yadda. .........

LOL...LOL....

Must be a good sign or at least a sign that I buy good boats. It is my 20th boat but Half Fast has had about 50 so he's got no room to talk :bonk:

There is still nothing better than being pleased with your purchase. I've have had a few boats that didn't stay around for more than a month....if you know what I mean.

As for the Cougar 27 MTR....very well built (mine was built from the Canadian owners) but not the lightest cat out there. They laid the Cougars up pretty heavy. I don't think weight ever came into the conversation when they were planning for the interior, hardware etc. Still a great boat, just not the fastest out there. Mine had a pair of 300x's and I still couldn't get it to touch 100MPH. The guys in Hill City, Kansas bought Cougar and it's taken them some time to get the production line rolling. I do know that they were planning on shaving some weight off of the Cougars.

Still happy as hell that I bought the Donzi....no matter what HF says. :yes:

Now all I gotta do is pimp it out with Neons and a killer stereo. Can you say Memphis Belle....those of you who know, know.

ospreyproduction
07-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Osprey, I was up in your neck of the woods earlier this month. Deb and I spent a few days on Lake Marion, catfishing. :)

Cuda,
You reminded me to change my profile. We just moved to Lake Murray in Chapin, SC. Still not that far away from where you were. We are planning on heading to the St. Johns river some time this fall.