PDA

View Full Version : Travel Advice, France, Spain, Portugal, Morocco ???

Lenny
07-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Deneen and I are going to Monte' Carlo in April 07. Our plan is to be in Carlo for 4 days (business meetings for her, not me ;) ) then rent a car and drive down the coast of Spain, catch a fast cat and go to Morocco (North Africa) and hang out in the open markets for a couple days, then take another ferry to the Canary Islands. From the Canarys we will go back to Spain and continue driving the coastline counterclockwise and then go through all the coast of Portugal, then back to France and leave. This will be a three-four week trip. We are not traveling north to Germany, Switzerland or anything due to the time of year and temperatures.

Is there something else we should see or a "must do" ... Never left the Continent before... :)

Anyone ever been there, the Spain/Portugal/Morocco thing?

Ed Donnelly
07-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Lenny; On your way back, visit the exiting city of TORONTO...
I hear there is a rare Donzi you could go for a ride in:) ...Ed

BUIZILLA
07-28-2006, 10:52 AM
my daughter's BF is there right now with his family, his dad travels that whole area, several times a year, when they get back i'll get ALL the lowdown fer ya...

JH

olredalert
07-28-2006, 11:10 AM
--------Lenny,,,You will love Portugal!!!! I personally wouldnt go back to anywhere on the north coast of Africa but you should go once if given the chance. If you are on the southern coast of Spain you should spend at least a couple of days in Marbella. They know how to spend money there and, really, anywhere in Spain is pretty cQQl as well....Bill S

McGary911
07-28-2006, 09:40 PM
A good friend of mine got married in Spain a few years back. We had the whole show in a town called Mojocar, if i recall. South coast, right on the Med. Right above that, there's a cool town on a hill. All those white adobe style buildings that you think everything should look like when you're over there. I'll try to find some better info, or at least a pic or 2.

Formula Jr
07-29-2006, 07:11 PM
You are most likely going to land in Amsterdam before the flight south. Think about catching the flight to Monte Carlo a day later and check out Amsterdam. When we go back to Italy, this is what we are going to do. Oddly, Jeanette wants to go to Morocco someday also. It must be a girl thing. I'm not seeing what is of interest there.

Lenny
07-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Oddly, Jeanette wants to go to Morocco someday also. It must be a girl thing. I'm not seeing what is of interest there.

I was more thinking more of it as the challenge to "stay well" in a 98% Islamic Military state, let alone the "trying to order a beer" part. :eek:

I just have to dip a toe in the waters off of Africa. Apparently you have to be "married" to rent a double room there as well. ;)

2 days, TOPS, in this place.

smoothie
07-29-2006, 07:54 PM
For sure check out Amsterdam,the coffee shops are wonderful.

boxy
07-31-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm guessing that keeping a low profile and not looking too 'American', could aid in your safe rerturn home.
Sad but true... Have fun!

That's why we say Eh!! a lot :D

Lenny rent a Vespa and tear up the GP circuit in Monte Carlo while Deneen is at her meetings.

CHACHI
07-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Spent a week in Morocco one afternoon. I enjoyed the Canary Islands more. This was at least 10 years ago................no Islamic problems. Ken