PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes, is it just "WIERD" this year ???

Lenny
07-27-2006, 01:55 AM
Last year, you exhausted the alphabet and went deep into the GREEK one.

Now, it is all but August, and what, are we on "B" ... I am not sure, haven't been following it that close to date.

But, Does it NOT seem strange to NOT have one around now spinning in from the D.R. or Cuba or Atlantic or something???

Weatherman extraordinaire, Lenny :D

MOP
07-27-2006, 07:13 AM
Last year, you exhausted the alphabet and went deep into the GREEK one.
Now, it is all but August, and what, are we on "B" ... I am not sure, haven't been following it that close to date.
But, Does it NOT seem strange to NOT have one around now spinning in from the D.R. or Cuba or Atlantic or something???
Weatherman extraordinaire, Lenny :D

Shusssssssssh!

Morgan's Cloud
07-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Don't panic Lenny ,
There is a standing joke in my office that whenever I take time off a hurricane comes... I have a pretty solid record dating back about 7 years.
As of tomorrow I'm off for 2 weeks .
You'll see .
Steve
btw / Yes it is very different than this time last year .

RedDog
07-27-2006, 09:12 AM
I'll be spending the night off shore and possibly IN the Gulf Stream on a August 5 - 6 run. Leave Mathews Saturday and get to Manteo on Sunday
I forecast a storm to hit that Saturday night.
Maiden voyage on this 'ol baby...

DonCig
07-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately, we still have 86% of the season to go!

DonCig

Lenny
07-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Maiden voyage on this 'ol baby...

Nice. Is that a Bertram? Beautiful boat...

RedDog
07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Nice. Is that a Bertram? Beautiful boat...

82 Black Fin w/375 HP Cats - based on the Bertram hull???

the pics are from when my brother first bought it. He has put a lot of time and money into her since last Fall. I expect it to look much better when I arrive for the adventure. We will be fishing out of Oregon Inlet for a week - I'll document it for the "Fish Forum"

FISHIN SUCKS
07-27-2006, 07:07 PM
There is a standing joke in my office that whenever I take time off a hurricane comes... I have a pretty solid record dating back about 7 years.
As of tomorrow I'm off for 2 weeks .
You'll see .
Steve
btw / Yes it is very different than this time last year .

I hope your record is about to be broken, I am racing at Sebring and Orlando Speedworld the week of the 5th through the 11th. I'd hate to think I drug a car all the way down south just to feed it to a hurricane:eek!:

need for speed
07-27-2006, 07:50 PM
They will be here all tooooo sooon... :eek:

shhhhhhh:crossfing

wrussellw
07-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Well being from New Orleans I could use a quite season this year. However August and September are the months it gets cranking. But on the bright side if we do get a storm there are fewer people to loot now.

Lenny
08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
...and so it begins...

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/145247.shtml?5day

FISHIN SUCKS
08-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Okay, got a question. Because we don't get hurricanes in Indiana, just tornados, when a storm rolls through, the temperatures usually drop and everything is comfortable for a few days. Is this how it works down there? I race on Wednesday at Sebring and could handle some comfortable temperatures. According to Lenny's attachment, looks like Chris should roll on through around the sunday/monday time.

wrussellw
08-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Cool weather is something that shows up in November around here. yesterdays heat index was 110..todays should be about 115.
A lot depends on what side of the storm you are on East or West. that determines the wind direction and usually amount of rain. These storms rotate counter clockwise.
Of course I am hitching up the Whaler and heading to Florida tomorrow am. looks like Chris may get torn up over Cuba before it enters the Gulf.

Last Real Texan
08-03-2006, 08:10 AM
82 Black Fin w/375 HP Cats - based on the Bertram hull???

the pics are from when my brother first bought it. He has put a lot of time and money into her since last Fall. I expect it to look much better when I arrive for the adventure. We will be fishing out of Oregon Inlet for a week - I'll document it for the "Fish Forum"

Blackfin + Cats = Sweeeeeeeeeet. My father had one of those back in the early 80's as well. 31 footer , rode awesom and could really take the rough stuff, built like a sherman tank. Enjoy the fishing trip....with a pair of Cats that thing should cruise about 25-30 knts........And yes both models were based on the 28 and 31 foot bertram hulls.
Bryan