PDA

View Full Version : My first 22 Classic....

ospreyproduction
07-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Well....I just crossed over into the dark side with the purchase of my first Donzi 22 Classic. After years of outboard boats I have decided to give the IO's a shot. I've always secretly admired the sound of a big block and the classic lines of the 22, but don't tell my outboard buddies.

I look forward to shooting some video of these boats in action. Here is a link to Extreme Marine TV which focused mostly on outboards.

www.extrememarinetv.com

rustnrot
07-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Welcome....some of that was shot on the Savannah River, correct? Got to hand it to you guys for 150 + mph!!!

Extreme Marine, I have seen this trailer before, are you guys going to have a cable channel or ????

...and say Hi to Wally at Triad for me!

undertaker
07-26-2006, 07:56 PM
osprey nice avatar.......:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :yes: :yes:

Undertaker:cool!:

ospreyproduction
07-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Welcome....some of that was shot on the Savannah River, correct? Got to hand it to you guys for 150 + mph!!!
Extreme Marine, I have seen this trailer before, are you guys going to have a cable channel or ????
...and say Hi to Wally at Triad for me!

Much of the trailer was shot on the St. Johns and Suwannee river in Florida. The event we covered for that particular show was the "High Speed Shootout". Hank Hogan was the one who flipped his boat at 130MPH. I plan on doing a segment on these Donzi's too. Should be fun.

ospreyproduction
07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
I'll have a crew....where and when is the rally???

We are shooting everything in HD now too.

Cuda
07-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Well....I just crossed over into the dark side with the purchase of my first Donzi 22 Classic. After years of outboard boats I have decided to give the IO's a shot. I've always secretly admired the sound of a big block and the classic lines of the 22, but don't tell my outboard buddies.
I look forward to shooting some video of these boats in action. Here is a link to Extreme Marine TV which focused mostly on outboards.
www.extrememarinetv.com
Did I miss what boat you bought?

Btw, you do know Fish lurks on here, and he'll turn you in to the S&F boys. I'm on that site as "Minx".

You'll love the Donzi lifestyle.:yes:

ospreyproduction
07-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Did I miss what boat you bought?
Btw, you do know Fish lurks on here, and he'll turn you in to the S&F boys. I'm on that site as "Minx".
You'll love the Donzi lifestyle.:yes:

Fish has been very helpful in my pursuit of a 22 Classic. I'm sure the word is out that I have crossed over...lol...lol. Funny thing is that I've also been a "cat" guy and here I am in a V hull. I finally get to here the sound of a big block on my own boat.

The fact of the matter is that I've always thought that these were some of the best looking boats on the water, and now I have one.

I found an extremely clean 22 near Michigan. It's a 1996, 454 w Silent Choice and a Bravo one drive sitting on an aluminum trailer. It's a fresh water boat that has always been stored inside.

Looking forward to a Donzi Run this Fall.

I'll take some pics tomorrow.

ChromeGorilla
07-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Congrats on the new ride.......... S/F guys are gonna give ya some chit.....:wink: :yes: :D

I have always enjoyed your video's over there. I hope you enjoy your new ride! The classic is pure class. I hope to meet you at some Donzi events...... (there are lots of them across the country throughout the year = lots of video shootin opportunities.... :yes:

ospreyproduction
07-28-2006, 01:29 AM
CG, are you still in Greenville? I thought that I saw a pic of your boat in Charleston. I just moved up here (from Charleston) to Lake Murray, outside of Columbia. Looking forward to some fall and winter rallies in Florida.

ChromeGorilla
07-29-2006, 02:15 AM
Yea I'm up in Greenville. I used to live in the Jax Fl area but moved here last Oct. Tryin to move back...... Lot's of great Donzi events..... lets see what I can remember off the top of my head.... and these events are pretty much the same week every year for ease of plannin ahead..... :yes:

1. Feb- Miami boat show / Donzi run to the keys
2. March- Mt. Dora Antique boat show / Donzi gathering. (Mt Dora FL)
3. April- Jax Fl AngeAid Donzi Poker Run
4. May- Awakening of the horses (AOTH) - Lake Cumberland Kentucky
5. June- Spring Dustoff Lake George NY (Donzi Classics only)
6. July - Lake Winnipesaukee Pker Run/ gathering NH
7. July 1K Islands Donzi gathering
8. Sep- Eufala Donzi gathering Labor Day weekend.
8. Sep- Fall Picnic Lake George NY
9. Oct - Donzi Owners Hometown Rally Sarasota FL
10.Nov - Palatka gathering Palatka FL

These are just some of the events on the east coast.... there are many more including Texas, Lake Powell, A poker run in Maryland..... plus many impromptu weekends on the Suwanee, St. Johns river the Pacific NW....... you get the drift.....

Cuda
07-29-2006, 07:48 AM
We are having a small gathering next Sunday at Lake Harris, near Leesburg. My all time favorite 22 is going to be there. (Catch 22)

ospreyproduction
07-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Looks like we may plan on making the Palatka run in November.

What a great time of the year for Florida.